Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How many people can you add to your system?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
koolb
Aspirant
Aspirant

how many applications can you add to your system with Alro plus 1? for example, i plan to use this system as a baby monitor, as such, i would like for me and my husband to have live access to the video stream from the cameras. I would also like to have the option of my baby sitter having access to the camera without the rest of us being logged out of our apps/live stream. So my question is, how many devices or applications can view the live stream at the same time? 

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you " share" the cameras....many. There can be only one primary account holder... look at guest access in settings under Grant Access

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
koolb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

Would this feature work on the Arlo Pro 1 VMS4130? 

Also, can I add more cameras later? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This would work for any Arlo camera. Yes, you can add more, too. It's worth noting that only one person can stream at a time and that live viewing prevents motion-based recording although you can manually record.

koolb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
Earlier you said more than one person can live stream at a time. Now you are saying the opposite. Can you clarify please thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure where you saw this since it's never been true. Multiple folks can view the library, etc. at the same time but live viewing is limited to a single person at a time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

koolb, jguerdat

A user using the Grant Access feature can live stream simultaneously with the primary account holder. Are you experiencing different behavior?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Whoa! That's news to me - good to know!