Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
byss
Guide
Guide
DST time began today and Arlo not handles it well. First, it adjusted my schedule (eg. cameras were previously scheduled to turn off at 6AM and now the schedule says 5AM)...but...at the same time, the system time adjusted back 1hr so now it’s actually 6:50AM (that’s the real time), the system thinks its 5:50AM and my entire schedule is wrong. I’ve switched time zones and back again (based on some previous posts)...no help...I’ve restarted the system (based on other previous posts)...no help. Ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neffler
Initiate
Initiate

Randomly, my time difference issue was fixed this morning.  I did not take any additional action last night or this morning to drive this.  

I still have the issue between my iOS app and PC schedules being different by minutes, but the hour being off because of DST seems to have been resolved.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine is fine on both a browser and app. Try using a browser - that just works better for modes, rules and schedule frequently.

Trigger78
Star
Star

Similar problem here. When I modify my mode schedule using the iOS app, there is a mismatch between the time selector and what it says I've selected.

Screenshot.jpg

Neffler
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same daylight time issue. Switched time zones and reset base unit. Still disconnect between iOS app and actual time throwing my recording schedule off. Nothing is working.
byss
Guide
Guide

Hard no there jguerdat.  In fact, the browser app no longer even gives the option to adjust the schedule and so far as I can tell there is no way to manually override the system time...it's simply an automatic based on the time zone you've selected...which is wrong regardless since it's currently 11:03 PM (real time) but Arlo thinks it's 10:03 PM which is strange since a lack of DST adjustment would result in 12:03 PM.  In essence, the system backed up 2 hrs for DST and also adjusted my schedule by 1 hr...messy!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the PC doesn't use an app. It's just a web page.

As fro not finding a way to set the schedule on the PC, it's still there in the same place. If it's gone for you it's a local issue. You can try flushing the cache and/or using a different browser to see if that works.

Also, did you check your time zone setting in Settings, My Devices, your base as well as restarting the base?

byss
Guide
Guide

Hi jguerdat.  Semantics aside since that isn't at all helpful, it's not a local issue or there wouldn't be other people posting separately and replying to this post with the same issue.  As an example, if you look at the posting and image above by Trigger78, it's clearly not a local issue on my end.

The issue started when the software adjusted itself for DST.  It's a software issue...and yes I've tried all the "is it plugged in" fixes.  I'm looking for some new ideas here.

Neffler
Initiate
Initiate

Randomly, my time difference issue was fixed this morning.  I did not take any additional action last night or this morning to drive this.  

I still have the issue between my iOS app and PC schedules being different by minutes, but the hour being off because of DST seems to have been resolved.

Trigger78
Star
Star

The issue has been resolved for me, too.

byss
Guide
Guide

Hi Neffler, the issue seems to have been fixed for me as well.  Thanks.