Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GinaKNZ
Tutor
Tutor

App version 2.5.3_22376
For about the past week, I haven't been able to play back recorded videos from the App library on my Samsung Andriod smartphone.  I can live stream fine and everything else is working fine i.e I'm getting notifications.  When I click to play a video back, it says Buffering, and then nothing happens.  I can randomly play about 1 in every 5 recordings only - but there is no rhyme or reason to it.  I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, also powering down my phone.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GinaKNZ
Tutor
Tutor
Hi everyone,
So I've found out the issue. It was only 1 camera and the battery was nearly flat. Conclusion: due to a low battery arlo either can't record a full video or no sound etc. Now that the cameras battery is charged all is working fine. The wierd thing was that different different devices had different issues. I.e my Samsung wouldn't play the video, my IPhone wouldn't play sound.
Thanks for your input everyone. I hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @GinaKNZ,

Are you able to view the recordings on a different Android device?

GinaKNZ
Tutor
Tutor
Hi everyone,
So I've found out the issue. It was only 1 camera and the battery was nearly flat. Conclusion: due to a low battery arlo either can't record a full video or no sound etc. Now that the cameras battery is charged all is working fine. The wierd thing was that different different devices had different issues. I.e my Samsung wouldn't play the video, my IPhone wouldn't play sound.
Thanks for your input everyone. I hope this helps others.