Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro VMC4030 upgrade failed camera rejected upgrade request

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cl1116
Follower
Follower

This camera has only been able to connect a few times since I purchased it.  My 3 other cameras (2 Arlo Pro, 1 Arlo original) stay connected.  I left this camera in a drawer for over 6 months because I decided it was not worth my time to continue troubleshooting it.  Today I restarted the effort to connect the 4th camera.  I was able to connect but immediately received the message that a firmware update was required.  I followed the prompts for the update and then received the error message: upgrade failed camera rejected upgrade request.  I unplugged the base station serval times and attempted to update the firmware but I received the same error.  Then I removed the camera from my account and now it will not connect to the base station.

This camera was part of a 2-camera + base station set that I bought for a friend.  This is separate from my base station that is functioning properly.  My friend kept 1 camera and the base station.  I kept the other camera to add to my existing Arlo network.  My friend has never been able to get the set to maintain a connection.  All signs point to a defective set but I am looking for answers and eventually a resolution.

Arlo Pro Camera

Model: VMC4030

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The vast majority of the time a firmware fails to update, it's because of inadequate internet connection speed. What's your upload/download/ping?

The vast majority of time a camera struggles to connect or stay sync'd is due to interference. Try moving your base station away from your wifi router and change the channel of your wifi router to 1, 6, 11, whichever is the least congested and the arlo isn't on currently