Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro offline and now doesn't show in my devices

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TowDawg
Follower
Follower

I noticed one of my cameras said it was offline, so I tried everything I could find to get it to sync again.  Nothing worked, so I chose to remove the device from my app/account and attempt to reinstall it, but cannot get it add back to my account.

I've synced it to the base station and it says it synced properly, but it doesn't show in my devices.

I've logged in and out on the computer, logged in and out on the app, reset the base station, literally everything I can think of.

I go in, click "add device", go through the steps, the camera flashes that it synced correctly, but still doesn't show up in my devices?

I tried the "live chat" help sesison and it says they're ready to help, but also says that live chat is unavailable.  I also noticed that phone support is only free for 90 days and then they charge you to talk to someone to fix a problem with their own camera system?  Seriously?

It's not like I changed anything on my end, and my other 4 cameras are all good to go, so this is straight up an equipment issue on a product that's only 8 months old and you want to charge me to fix it?

I was looking to add more cameras to my system after checking it out for a while, and I'll be honest, I've liked up until now.  However, if the product just quits working, chat help is not available, and they want to charge you to fix an issue with their product, my plans might have to change and go with another product altogether.   

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Phone support continues for free. That may be your best option.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

From the support page:

"Phone support is free for the first 90 days after any Arlo purchase and is also included with any Arlo subscription."

The 5 camera for free plan is the Basic subscription, thus your support is free since you have a subscription.