Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MartinH69
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4000 is in a reset loop after firmware update. Is there anyway of getting out of this. Have tried doing a reset on the back and nothing works.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When you tried the reset, did you hold in the reset button ( with paperclip ) for 10 secs or so ??

Did the leds flash amber??

What are the leds showing on all three leds??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MartinH69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @TomMac. The power light stayed amber. No flashing. Yes held in reset for 10sec or more. When leaving it sitting. Middle light (network) goes amber then green and third light comes on, but then network and camera lights go out and power light goes back to amber

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to say , usu if the Power Led is amber...it's either the base is rebooting or a hardware failure.

you can power down for a few mins and then try again a reset... but as above, it may not help.

If you've own for less than a year, warranty can come into play via Arlo Support

Morse is faster than texting!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I have no idea if this trick applies to hubs – it isn't an issue that comes up often, if ever –  but it is a move that can work with other network stuff like routers.

• Press reset "button" for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

If that fails, you may be stuffed.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
MartinH69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there anyway of downloading the firmware and installing it with one of the USB ports.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@MartinH69 wrote:
Is there anyway of downloading the firmware and installing it with one of the USB ports.

Not via USB. The only way to handle this on bricked routers with broken firmware is via the LAN port and with Telnet/TFTP. But I have no idea if this applies to hubs. Nor have I seen any reports of TFTP working on hubs.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
MartinH69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve given up hope of getting this working. Looks like I’ll have to buy a new hub as it’s out of warranty now. Very much gutted. Many thanks to all the have tried to come up with a solution to get this working again.