Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro UK - Europe availabilty..........when?

Discussion stats
duvl
Follower
Follower

Sounds just what I am looking for but as I am in the UK can anyone tell me its expected availability date across the pond?

Also, assuming it will be a long wait, would a USA import be easily configured to work here with just utilizing a USA to UK plug adapter where needed?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

duvl, evolutionmonkey

The Arlo Pro release for Europe will follow soon. Toward the end of the year or early next year. 

Update: Target release is the end of January/early February

JamesC

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
evolutionmonkey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also be very intereted to know when they will be availible in the UK (pity I just bought a bunch of additional Arlo wirefree cameras for my exisiitng Arlo system and a pair of Arlo Q's for HD & Audio  DOH!).

Good news is that it looks like I can use the new Arlo Pro cameras with my exisitng Alro base station (have no requirement to upgrade the base for a Siren).

Thanks,

Mark

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

duvl, evolutionmonkey

The Arlo Pro release for Europe will follow soon. Toward the end of the year or early next year. 

Update: Target release is the end of January/early February

JamesC

Alderboy75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the update around the Arlo Pro release in Europe. 

Im actually in the US next week for work and there is a Best Buy next to my clients office, which I believe is one of the retail sellers. Can you advise or confirm if I was to purchase the Arlo Pro, this would work in the UK with a suitable US/UK plug adapter?

many thanks 

Bahrt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please JamesC, will you answer Alderboy75's question - can we buy the US version and use it in Europe?

I am not thinking about the connector / plug - I would like to know about other restrictions / obstacles limitations risked, by operating the Arlo Pro system in Europe...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on previous experience talked about here, yes, you can buy in one country and use in another.  Warranty and plan availability will be based on what country the system is installed in.  The power issue would be up to you.  The power supply for the Pro system appears to have the same specifications for the original wireless base but you would be on your own if you choose to use a different supply.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As jguerdat suggests above, yes, an Arlo Pro purchased in the US can be used outside the US. Subscription Plan restrictions may apply based on your country. For more information on subscription plan availability, see here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

JamesC

MadJim
Initiate
Initiate
Hello, Jguerdat is wrong, if you bought in another country the warranty belongs to that country and if you did have a problem within the first year, you would have to return it to us, they will work though with no problems if purchased in the us and power you might need a uk plug
justinduff
Aspirant
Aspirant

ANYONE KNOW IF I WILL ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEMS BUYING IN THE STATES AND USING IN UK WITH REGARDS TO THE DIFFERENT POWER CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE 2 COUNTRIES?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

justinduff,

An Arlo Pro kit purchased in the US will include a US power adapter. As long as you use an appropriate power adapter for the UK, this should work fine.

JamesC

Fozzyp78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please can you tell me if the Arlo Pro cameras will work with the Arlo Base Station, as I am not looking at upgrading my whole system for this to be installed.
Also when will the Arlo Pro be released in the UK
steve_t
Master Master
Master
Yes the Pro cameras will work with the Arlo base station but obviously you won't have a siren or USB recording capabilities
Tmaninuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually I believe you will need a converter for your plug and also a voltage converter. 

http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/en-us/england/

Presumably you have already bought the Arlo from the USA. Did it work?

Tmaninuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read that a voltage converter is required. 

paddicl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on Availability in UK and who will suppliy

Retired_Member
Not applicable

How can the question be considered solved? No date has been given even though we can pre-order through Amazon. As a potential customer I need to do some planning. The answer 'soon' does not cut it and a firm date is required. Thank you.

Tmaninuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree. Arlo Pro is not available internationally. Netgear cannot seem to provide a definitive answer as to when this product will be available beyond the USA. It's pathetic.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Amazon EU say that the Arlo Pro 2 & 3 camera systems will be released on the 31st January, 2017 and the 4 camera systems will be released on the 6th Febuary, 2017 and the 1 camera system will be released on the 15th Febuary, 2017.

cheshirelad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just purchased the 2-camera Arlo Pro at a US Best Buy for $407 and plan to install it in my parents home when I visit next month. It seems that all I'll need for Base Station power is a 12v adapter with the UK plug, like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-ProSafe-GS108-supply-adapter-x/dp/B005I2MA2Q/ref=sr_1_2

The battery recharges with a plug supplied for input from 120 - 240 v so all i'll need there is the simple plug adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/Ceptics-Travel-Plug-Adapter-Type/dp/B0080R95XI/ref=sr_1_2

Apart from this I'll need to investigate the WiFi settings on the router, which I expect to be compatible, and the cloud recording.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Why is it that Amazon UK has the Arlo Pro 2 camera system for sale when pre-orders have not been filled? I smell something fishy going on here! Plus it is a lot more expensive.

paddicl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Expensive! I'll Say :-

1 £273.03

2 £577.56

3 £773.32

4 £823.76

Add on Camera £215.71

Technik Trade UK

Possibly £478.85 Amazon

Way too Expensive for me

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Release date on Amazon UK states February 15, 2017.

mad_matt
Aspirant
Aspirant

so the 4 camera kit is over 60% more expensive in the uk than it can be bought in the us  !!Smiley Mad

Euwan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

So just to confirm I could buy the Arlo Pro from America and there would be no issues such as voltage or anything. I could essentially buy just the plug adapter and everything would work as is?

Thanks

Retired_Member
Not applicable

You may want to think about the warrentee buying from the USA! You might find that it would have to repaired or sent back to the USA. It would be worth checking out as you could end up paying a lot more.