Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro UK - Europe availabilty..........when?

Discussion stats
duvl
Follower
Follower

Sounds just what I am looking for but as I am in the UK can anyone tell me its expected availability date across the pond?

Also, assuming it will be a long wait, would a USA import be easily configured to work here with just utilizing a USA to UK plug adapter where needed?

Many thanks

34 REPLIES 34
evolutionmonkey
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've just stepped off a flight back from the USA. While I was there i took a look at the power pack (wall wart) that comes with the Battery charger for the Arlo Pro. It does NOT take 240v, it is just a 110v unit so you would need a voltage transformer not just a simple plug adaptor. I decided just to wait until UK release date 😞
cheshirelad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand from this plug listed on Amazon UK that it takes 240-120v input and outputs 12v to power the base station. I will be installing a US purchase system in the UK using this next week:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-ProSafe-GS108-supply-adapter-x/dp/B005I2MA2Q/ref=sr_1_2

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just to let everyone know I received my Arlo Pro 2 camera system yesterday 08/02/2017 already installed and running. Can view live from android phone or windows 10 desktop.

tricklo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The pricing is insane... 1 camera + base package

Amazon.com $249.99

Amazon.co.uk £299.99 (= $375 by todays exchange rate)

Are these the RRPs?  Can anyone confirm?

evolutionmonkey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I also agree the UK prices are ridiculous! I'll not be buying any until the prices reduces so is more on parity with the US. Also, the cost difference between the pro camera and the non pro version is, in my opinion, not justified by the spec difference. Still not full HD but with audio and a rechargeable battery and a new motion sensor. There got to be a way of getting an ArloQ outside even on a USB rechargeable battery pack for less money and better functionality?
cheshirelad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can report that I successfully installed a US Arlo Pro system (Base Station + 3 cameras) in my parents home in the UK. All I needed was the 12v Netgear UK plug available from Amazon.co.uk and a simple plug adapter for the battery chargers. Everything works.

David_J
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello All below 

Just to address the growing interest in purchasing NETGEAR Items and shipping them across the pond to the UK

The answer is yes you can do this if you choose in relation to NETGEAR Arlo Pro. 

However you will have to pay the shipping fee, and even if you do fly there and bring one home, any support related queries or issues need to be dealt with in the country of purchase. Thus if you have to send it back due to fault, shipping fees are the customers fee. Starts to add up in the long run thus it is easier and cheaper in the long run to purchase your products locally. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

David_J wrote:

Hello All below 

Just to address the growing interest in purchasing NETGEAR Items and shipping them across the pond to the UK

The answer is yes you can do this if you choose in relation to NETGEAR Arlo Pro. 

However you will have to pay the shipping fee, and even if you do fly there and bring one home, any support related queries or issues need to be dealt with in the country of purchase. Thus if you have to send it back due to fault, shipping fees are the customers fee. Starts to add up in the long run thus it is easier and cheaper in the long run to purchase your products locally. 

This is exactly why I've waited to buy an Arlo Pro system. It's not even available here yet but with the risk of needing to return a faulty camera appearing to be reasonably high, I didn't want to risk it. Hopefully, they'll be on sale here next month

cheshirelad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guven the price difference of a 3-camera system from Amazon in the US of $434 and the same system from Amazon.co.uk of $844 at today;s exchange rate I'll be happy to eat the cost of shipping any defective items back to the States for service. As it is, the system I installed 3 weeks ago at my parents home is working flawlessly. The time difference allows me to keep an eye on their property while they are asleep. Great product! Love it!!

Ian

tricklo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just purchased a pro add-on camera from Amazon US for $134.99 (while visiting). Even if I have to buy an entire replacement unit, I won't have really lost anything.

The uk pricing is insanity.