Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Matteo2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Arlo Pro 2-camera kit. I have set it up today and, no matter what I do, I get a timezone error ("timezone_error") when I try to connect to the cameras with a browser. I have attached screenshots to show the error.

When I connect to the cameras using my iPhone then it all works fine. However, in Chrome, IE or Edge I can't interact with the camera without getting the error. For example, if I try to manually record or to take a screenshot then the error pops up. If I click on "Mode" then I can't interact with the Arlo Pro Hub as it always says "Getting status" no matter how long I wait.

I am in the UK and I have GMT (London) selected. I have tried switching to UTC and to GMT+1 but they don't work either. There doesn't seem to be any option to select British Summer Time (i.e. Daylight Savings). I have the latest firmware installed and I have tried cycling the power to the hub (and restarting the hub) multiple times to no avail.

Please assist.

Matt

Timezone Error.pngTimezone Error 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matteo2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, 

I have GMT (London) selected. A reboot didn't have any effect.

However, now, several days later it has suddenly started working and fixed itself!

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Matteo2000,

If you do not get the same results using iOS, this must be an issue with the browser(s) or viewing device. More in-depth troubleshooting is needed to further isolate. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

MunteanuBogdan
Guide
Guide

Same problem here...

I can`t record "Timezone_error" and when i try to select Mode i have this problem: "Getting status..."

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MunteanuBogdan,

What time zone are you using? Do you see the same issue if trying a different time zone (like the user above)? Do you see the same behavior after a base station reboot?

JamesC

Matteo2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, 

I have GMT (London) selected. A reboot didn't have any effect.

However, now, several days later it has suddenly started working and fixed itself!

Thanks,

Matt

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
A possibility is that port 123 (ntp) was being blocked to Netgear.com someone!Are. Others have mentioned this port being needed as well as the normal ports 80 and 443.
MunteanuBogdan
Guide
Guide

Solved for me, try to power OFFyour base unint and wait 30 sec after that power ON. Work for me!

I use time zone Romania Bucharest.