Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sergiokanashiro
Initiate
Initiate

I need to upgrade my subscription plan from the BASIC plan to PREMIER plan. I live in Brazil and the option to upgrade does not show to me in my settings page. Is there a way I can upgrade the subscription plan or is this option only available to a selected few countries?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The upgraded subscriptions are available in only cert countries. There's an FAQ here with the list. If Brazil isn't in the list, you can create multiple accounts using additional email addresses and additional bases and cameras for each account. Then use Settings, Grant Access from each new account to the first so they all show in one login. Be sure the also give the additional privileges from each account to the original. It's not quit the same as having all cameras in one account but it's close for most people.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The upgraded subscriptions are available in only cert countries. There's an FAQ here with the list. If Brazil isn't in the list, you can create multiple accounts using additional email addresses and additional bases and cameras for each account. Then use Settings, Grant Access from each new account to the first so they all show in one login. Be sure the also give the additional privileges from each account to the original. It's not quit the same as having all cameras in one account but it's close for most people.

sergiokanashiro
Initiate
Initiate

I see. This is a strategy to get more than 5 cameras and still be at the free-BASIC subscription plan. The only downside is that I still cannot get more than 7 days of videos in the cloud and more than 1 Gb... But that sure is better than my restricted current option. Thanks a lot for thinking outside-of-the-box!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A follow-up observation - the 1GB limit isn't being enforced so isn't an issue.  Proactively download videos so the 7 day limit doesn't bite you.  Also, the Pro base supports USB devices for local recording so use that to gain longer storage if needed.

sousamm
Tutor
Tutor
I live in Brazil and in January I took the opportunity that I was on vacation in Orlando (FL) and decided to purchase an Arlo Pro 6-camera pack plus 2 add on cameras, a charger and a spare battery, investing more than $1,300.
My decision was based on several good internet reviews about the product.
I knew that if I wanted to use more than 5 cameras I should upgrade the subscription plan as cleary informed on the webpage https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/subscription-plans.aspx.
Today (2/5/2018), back to my home, I was surprised (and very disappointed) that I can't upgrade my account and can't use my 8 cameras at the same time and with only one base station because Arlo/Netgear doesn't "sell" this service for those who lives in Brazil.
That said, I ask (beg would be the more adequate word) Arlo/Netgear to allow Brazilian costumers to upgrade their plans.
I hope to hear soon from Arlo/Netgear this option.

P.S.: I'm already aware about using multiple base stations and email accounts, but it's not a reasonable or neat solution for us Brazilians who want to use all Arlo Pro potencial.