Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
finallyretired
Follower
Follower

Any reason the Arlo Pro will not pick up motion. Sometimes it will not pick up me going out the door, but will pick up me coming back in later. At times it will will not notify or record but will start back sending notifications and recording on its own later.

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Ensure your motion sensitivity setting is correct in the rule for this camera in whatever recording mode you're using. I recommend you turn it up to 100 and turn it down 1 each time you get a false alert within, say, 30 minutes of a previous false alert. You'll probably find the sweet spot in the 90s or even 100 where you record everything you want and minimise recording things like trees swaying or trucks going by.

For the delayed notifications and library recordings, power cycle your base station

Stephanoochi
Guide
Guide
I can't even get mine to change sensitivity. I go into settings and I put it up to a higher level of sensitivity and the next time I look at it it's back down again to the middle. How the heck do I change that because it is not recording or even detecting movement
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
When you make the change are you saving it by hitting the save button in the upper right hand corner?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Make sure you're changing the sensitivity in the right place. That's in the RULE within the recording MODE you're using. Then when you alter the sensitivity, go back a screen and click SAVE. Really important to save the change