Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Solar

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Previous posts indicated that the Arlo Pro was going to get a solar charger accessory in early 2017. Do you have a more current release date for the solar add on and when it will be available at retailers such as Amazon? Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Arlo,

I'm not getting anything via search engine but I wanted to post to note the following:

"The Arlo Solar Panel makes using your Arlo Pro or Arlo Go Wire-Free cameras simpler than ever. Targeted market availability for the solar panel is early 2017."

So, it's "targeted marked availability." That probably means it won't be available on a large scale for quite a bit. At least, if I were you, wouldn't expect it.

Sorry,

Dave

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Arlo,

I'm not getting anything via search engine but I wanted to post to note the following:

"The Arlo Solar Panel makes using your Arlo Pro or Arlo Go Wire-Free cameras simpler than ever. Targeted market availability for the solar panel is early 2017."

So, it's "targeted marked availability." That probably means it won't be available on a large scale for quite a bit. At least, if I were you, wouldn't expect it.

Sorry,

Dave

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlopro1031,

Currently, I do not have a more specific time frame for release. As mentioned above, the targeted release is still early 2017.

JamesC

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I saw Netgear showing off the solar panel on a new facebook post. It has to be close to release! It's bigger than I imagined.

mbell77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Any update on the tiiming? We have our cameras at a vacation home, which we are visiting in March. Hoping to get solar panels before then.

Thanks!

Mike