Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Amanimal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All,

I have an Arlo Pro camera system with 2 cameras and the base station. It's working great! I am only having issues with the solar panel I bought afterwards from BestBuy. I mounted the camera in the front of the house and have attached the solar panel to that so it stays charged and that I don't have to bring it in to charge the battery as often. However, every time I plug the solar panel in, it says that it's not compatible. I've tried angling it many different ways and the troubleshooting options available at the following link:

https://kb.arlo.com/000045870/My-Arlo-Solar-Panel-is-not-charging-my-Arlo-Go-or-Arlo-Pro-camera-batt...

All help is greatly appreciated. It's past my 30-day return policy at BestBuy as I've been too busy with work to install it right away when I got the solar panel. Any chance that it's defective and that I can get a replacement one? 

Just as a side note, I also got someone I work with interested into Arlo and they bought the same system and solar panel and their solar charging is working great keeping their camera at 100% most of the time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and use the same link on the new page. The3rd page has the options. I used it this morning so I know it works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@Amanimal

Since it is past the return date at Best Buy, the next step is to contact Customer Support. 

But first, remove the cable from each end and be sure there are no bent pins on any of the plugs and on the cable ends. These plugs are tiny so it is easy to bend a pin. Secondly, don't force the plugs in so hard that you damage something but these plugs are also very difficult to seat fully. On the camera end you should hear a faint click when it seats fully. Be sure that your battery terminals inside the camera and on the battery are clean, upright and making contact together.

Brian

Amanimal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you but I've checked the pins and they look okay to me - it hasn't worked since the first time I got it.

How do I go about contacting support? Everytime I try, it directs me to these forums instead.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and use the same link on the new page. The3rd page has the options. I used it this morning so I know it works.

brh
Master
Master

@Amanimal

Keep clicking on the contact support banners at the bottom of each page until you come to the page that contains the phone numbers.

Brian

JerryR
Luminary
Luminary

FWIW, my single solar panel reports a charging fault every couple of days. I just ignore the error since it's charging the battery just fine, getting it to and keeping it at 100%.