Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Schedule not working on ios

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tkshaffer
Guide
Guide

My 3 arlo's and base station have worked flawlessly for 6 months.  Suddenly the schedule doesn't work.  If I go to modes and select schedule, the cameras continue to stay disarmed or armed, depending on the state they were in when i clicked schedule.  It totally ignores the schedule.  I have deleted the entire schedule and recreated it...no change.  Any suggestions?  Delete the whole app and reinstall it?  On latest ios and arlo app.  The arlo Q works fine and honors the schedule.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base first.

ArloProUser123
Aspirant
Aspirant
This should NOT be happening - period. I just ran upstairs to stop the alarm even though it should not have fired up after 6am like I specified in the schedule. I guess the current Arlo tech is like a PC from the 80s and 90s where you had to ‘restart the base station’ first every few days. Owning 5 of these I just have to wait for a Mac equivalent to come along. My luck
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you done to troubleshoot? It may be as simple as a restart of the base. ANything can happen as a one-off occurance. I don't restart my bases on any sort of regular basis nor do most others that don't have some sort of hardware or programming issue.

ArloProUser123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help to this community. I will stand by my original position of the Mac vs PC (arlo) comparison. There is nothing to troubleshoot imho (beyond checking if the cams and base have power)- you turn on the base, you setup the cams, you setup the schedule and the schedule just works!!

...until...it does not. And then you just restart the base, and it (the schedule that is) starts working again. Over and over it goes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Except that there's a reason for this to happen. If it's hardware, it can be replaced. If it's Mac vs. PC or app vs. browser, it's time to investigate why. There are explanations for any of these things but it does take the time to troubleshoot.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Not sure if it'll be app related. Have you checked through your web browser if viewing the system that way is still not following the schedule?

In the web browser interface, when you click on Schedule mode on the right side of the Mode tab, the left side will show your base station name and the actual recording mode that has been scheduled. Here's a screenshot on mine showing my 'Pro Base' (original name I know) is in recording mode "Night" because that's what's scheduled for right now

Arlo schedule.jpg