Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro STILL not working with IFTTT (first reported at least 9/26!)

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
chicagoryan
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is getting ridiculous. How much longer is it going to take for Netgear to fix this issue?

I have a large house and require additional sirens when my alarm is triggered. Since there is no Arlo add-on siren (side question - why not??), I have a D-Link siren linked to Arlo using IFTTT. So as long as IFTTT is not working with Arlo, I cannot hear the alarm if it is triggered at night. Not exactly comforting, Netgear - get this figured out ASAP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update went out late last week that should resolve the issue users were experiencing with IFTTT applets failing. Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

chicagoryan,

IFTTT is currently investigting an issue with Arlo applets. Take a look here for more information and updates: Incident Report for IFTTT

JamesC

chicagoryan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm aware of that week-old status report from IFTTT. Does your reply mean Netgear is leaving it up to IFTTT to fix? 

Since Netgear is selling rather expensive cameras with a key feature being that they integrate with IFTTT, I expect Netgear to be more proactive with keeping that functionality functional.

To understand the importance of this issue, here is my personal example: Since there is no integrated additional siren for Arlo, I rely on a D-Link Siren (linked to Arlo via IFTTT) to make the alarm audible throughout my house. I currently cannot hear my alarm from my bedroom, rendering my "security system" effectively useless, and it has now been that way for 9 days. I need this functionality back ASAP and a week-old status from another company doesn't make me believe it's a priority for the company I purchased the product from.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I don't use IFTTT because I found it to be too slow or many times didn't work at all. So, while I have no fix for you I can offer advice. Maybe check out a product like SmartThings (or any similar home automation product). These types of products will allow you setup all kinds of alarms and sensors and let use you cameras as switches or motion detectors or just cameras. For someone with a big house, home automation is your friend.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update went out late last week that should resolve the issue users were experiencing with IFTTT applets failing. Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Muunkie
Guide
Guide

What update are you talking about? Arlo or IFTTT? When you look att IFTTT homepage you can see that many users are experiencing problems.

http://status.ifttt.com/incidents/2wpfb9t09n8v

IFTTT cant find any devices when trying to make an applet.

Apprentice
Apprentice

So is it working or not?

Muunkie
Guide
Guide
It's not working but aperently an update went out late last week that should resolve the issue blablabla.