Arlo Pro, Range extender?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jwwbjw
Follower
Follower

Looking to buy Arlo pro system but am defeated by 300 ft range of camera to base station.  I have areas 700 feet away I wish to monitor.  Is there a way to do this?  Range extender? Or a chain of base stations?  I do have a power source about 300 + feet away from my primary router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jwwbjw wrote:

Looking to buy Arlo pro system but am defeated by 300 ft range of camera to base station.  I have areas 700 feet away I wish to monitor.  Is there a way to do this?  Range extender? Or a chain of base stations?  I do have a power source about 300 + feet away from my primary router.

Normal wifi on its best conditions is usu limited to 300ft ( clear line of sight ).

You cannot daisy chain the base units but you can run more than one ( each would cover a max of 300ft circle )

The only I can think of is running Ethernet cable ( which can be up to 300ft + with good cable ) to a second base unit but that would still limit less than needed.

( the only true way to expand coverage area is by multi bases ...BTW, no limit on the number of bases on any service level )

In your situation, you may be better served with direct wired cameras that would easily allow you to cover those kinds of distances

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jwwbjw wrote:

Normal wifi on its best conditions is usu limited to 300ft ( clear line of sight ).

You cannot daisy chain the base units but you can run more than one ( each would cover a max of 300ft circle )

The only I can think of is running Ethernet cable ( which can be up to 300ft + with good cable ) to a second base unit but that would still limit less than needed.

( the only true way to expand coverage area is by multi bases ...BTW, no limit on the number of bases on any service level )

In your situation, you may be better served with direct wired cameras that would easily allow you to cover those kinds of distances

Morse is faster than texting!