Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Push Notifications to Primary User on Android Platform Intermittently Stop Working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JUGGAKNOTZZ
Tutor
Tutor

I have been using the Arlo Pro 4 camera setup for about two weeks now. I've experienced several instances of the motion triggered push notifications failing to send only to me, the primary user, on my Android device. The push notifications have not once failed to the secondary user on my account (also an Android device). I've resolved this issue a few times by uninstalling the app and reinstalling. This is probably the 5th time that this has occurred in two weeks. I've gone into Settings/Device/Sounds and Notifications/Application Notifications and the Arlo notifications are not blocked; I've also set the Arlo notifications as priority.

Are any other Arlo Pro users experiencing this same issue on an Android device?

Is this issue known to Arlo Support?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JUGGAKNOTZZ
Tutor
Tutor

James,

Thank you for your response. I gave it a week or so before responding to see if I encountered this issue again. From the day that you replied to my original post, to now, this issue has not resurfaced.

FYI, I kill all active applications periodically throughout the day to prevent draining my device's battery. The push notifications seem to come through even when the Arlo app is not running (which is what I want! :-))

Should this issue return, I will reply to this post. Again, thank you for your time and for investigating this issue.

Cheers!

R/

-JUGG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUGGAKNOTZZ,

For push notifications to come through the app must be running on your device. Was that app running when these notifications failed to come through?

I have tested push notifications on Android and could not replicate any issues, are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

JUGGAKNOTZZ
Tutor
Tutor

James,

Thank you for your response. I gave it a week or so before responding to see if I encountered this issue again. From the day that you replied to my original post, to now, this issue has not resurfaced.

FYI, I kill all active applications periodically throughout the day to prevent draining my device's battery. The push notifications seem to come through even when the Arlo app is not running (which is what I want! :-))

Should this issue return, I will reply to this post. Again, thank you for your time and for investigating this issue.

Cheers!

R/

-JUGG