Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Prices in Australia

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MB63
Tutor
Tutor

I bought an Arlo Pro 4-camera system in Australia. I paid AUD1300, or USD1023 at today's rate. This annoyed me greatly, as the system is for sale on Amazon.com for USD649. or AUD825 at today's rate. All the Australian retailers were within a few dollars of one another. Most were exactly the same price.

I want to add a couple of cameras. The Amazon.com price is USD170, or AUD216.00 at today's rate. The Australian retailer price is between AUD319 and AUD350, or USD251 and USD274.

The difference between the Australian and US systems is the charger voltage (240v vs. 110v) and the shape of the plug on the end of the modular power cord. Neither of these could justify more than a few dollars difference in price.

Can anyone explain to me how this demonstrates anything other than gouging Australian customers? Australian retailers could make an excellent profit simply buying their stock from Amazon rather than Netgear, and I suspect the delivery times would be better.

I love the product, but everytime I see a camera or log on to the app I am reminded that Netgear seems to think I am an idiot who can be charged so much more than the market rate for their camera system.

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Come to NZ. The Arlo Pro 4 camera kit is $1599 and an add on camera is $399 😞

MB63
Tutor
Tutor
I don't understand why a global player like Netgear would treat their Australian and New Zealand this way. Are they trying to annoy us?

Word of mouth is so important in the Australian market and I am sure it's the same in NZ. It's such a shame that when I am asked about it I have to say, "nice system, but a total rip-off here".
Denodan
Tutor
Tutor
In New Zealand we are also ripped off.

I bought my Arlo pro 1 camera pack with basestation from Amazon.com and was cheaper than buying here and saved almost $80 and just to buy 1 camera its cheaper buying from amazon.com.

The odd thing is they dont have the 110-220v power supply than is pretty much normal these days.

I allready have a step voltage transformer and works well.

I may eventually find a 220v power supply as you can get a 220v 1.5amp supply if you look.
Denodan
Tutor
Tutor
Will eventually get another cam, or 2 but going through amazon will save about $100 each camera
Denodan
Tutor
Tutor
And retailers wonder why we buy from an overseas source?