Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Outdoor Camera Mount slipping

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mooncan13
Follower
Follower

I have just purchased and installed an Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera, installing using the small outdoor mount provided in the box (seems like a ball/socket setup). The mount keeps slipping so that I have a beautiful view of the ground instead of the yard. I can reposition it, but it falls again after a few hours. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You could contact Arlo support...

Fyi, any camera mount will work as the threaded hole is standard 1/4-20.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Guessing you mean this mount ; but above still applies

VMA4000B_Front_Transparent

Morse is faster than texting!
KAH61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

It seems you have got the same problem as I had. See case below, and contact Arlo support

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/VMA4000-Not-good-for-mounting-Arlo-Pro-Can-not-keep-position/...

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@mooncan13 wrote:

I have just purchased and installed an Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera, installing using the small outdoor mount provided in the box (seems like a ball/socket setup). The mount keeps slipping so that I have a beautiful view of the ground instead of the yard. I can reposition it, but it falls again after a few hours. Any suggestions?

At least on my mounts, I had to _really_ tighten the suckers down to keep them in place. The metal ball that compresses with the screw is not a great design (stating the obvious).