Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMA4000 - Not good for mounting Arlo Pro. Can not keep position.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
KAH61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed one camera outdoor, using VMA4000B-10000S.

TA: 100-21728-01R10

S/N: 51T18877A0289

The package includes 2 pcs of mounts.

Although the «ball» that holds the nut to attach the camera seems firm and needs force to move by hand, it is not stable. The mount is attached to a wall. Puts camera in position, looking a bit left - straight forward.

Slowly - using 6-7 hours, the camera is facing down and becomes useless.

I have tried both mounts in the package, non are reliable. Do not buy!

I have ordered the VMA1000 now and hope that will work better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KAH61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have been in contact with support team, ref case 41046258.

They could offer me a replacement of the VMA4000, but that was not of any interest for me.

I have bought the VMA1000 mount instead, which is much better as this can be locked in position.

The VMA4000 mount keeps the position based on friction in the ball that holds the nut.

For my VMA4000 the friction was to low, it might have been a single set (2 x VMA4000) - or a bad batch.

However I will still recomend to use the VMA1000 mount outdoor, or another mount that can be locked.

I have returned the VMA4000 to the store were it was bought, and got an refound.

Case closed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey KAH61,

If you're referring to the Arlo Outdoor Knob Mount, this should not be happening on that mount. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The threaded hole is industry standard.... any camera mount will fit.   ( it's a 1/4-20 thread )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
KAH61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have been in contact with support team, ref case 41046258.

They could offer me a replacement of the VMA4000, but that was not of any interest for me.

I have bought the VMA1000 mount instead, which is much better as this can be locked in position.

The VMA4000 mount keeps the position based on friction in the ball that holds the nut.

For my VMA4000 the friction was to low, it might have been a single set (2 x VMA4000) - or a bad batch.

However I will still recomend to use the VMA1000 mount outdoor, or another mount that can be locked.

I have returned the VMA4000 to the store were it was bought, and got an refound.

Case closed.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you got a defective one... I am currently using one for an Ultra camera without issue ( and the ultra is heavier the the pro )

good to to hear all is worked out

Morse is faster than texting!