Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jroither
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used to have my Arlo system set so that I only got notifications when my camera batteries were low. I had notifications on my iPhone turned off, because I did not need to know every time motion was detected on my cameras. I would get notifications every 30 seconds all day long and it was obnoxious. However, I could still get e-mails and had it set to only send them when my batteries were low. I no longer see anything in my Arlo account about how to send e-mail notifications, or to filter what notifications I get. I no longer get any e-mails from my system. I have checked my spam filter and there are no e-mails being blocked. How can I make it so that my system only e-mails me about low batteries, and does not send ANY push notifications to my phone? Am I missing something?

I have not been using my Arlo system consistently during the pandemic - I have been working from home since March 2020, so I have not been up on all of the system/firmware changes. But I have just taken a job which will have me working in an office and I need to get my system back up and running. I would like to have it act the way it used to; but right now it seems I cannot do that. If it cannot reliably tell me when my batteries are low, then I will have to get a new system. I will not turn on push notifications on my phone; there has to be a way to make it e-mail me, otherwise this system is junk to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your modes and rules - all notifications about detections are set there. You can disable both push and email notifications in each rule. Be sure to save.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your modes and rules - all notifications about detections are set there. You can disable both push and email notifications in each rule. Be sure to save.

jroither
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @jguerdat, that helped with stopping the motion detection notifications. Do you know where to set low battery notifications? I do not see that in the modes and rules.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Low battery emails don't have a setting. The best you can do is to set up a filter in your email client to divert them if you wish.