Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
AEllis
Tutor
Tutor

I am so frustrated! We bought the Arlo Pro 4-pack of cameras recently. One camera will not stay online no matter what we do. We have gone through all the community recommendations and they have not worked. I emailed for support and received a very generic response of what to try. The suggestions mentioned had already been tried and still nothing. I've emailed back again twice and no response! I can't believe I paid almost $700 for a product that I can't get help with. 

Does anyone have any new suggestions? We have tried new batteries, re-synced the cameras, removed and added the entire system, adjusted the router, made sure firmware was updated, moved the camera to different locations (including closer and further to the base station), fussed with the router settings, moved the camera closer to the router, the list goes on and on!

Please help!

41 REPLIES 41
Richirich1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, I do not have a support case number, as this was my first post on the Arlo-Pro camera. I wanted to exhaust all possible fixes. I believe I have run the gamut of fix recommendations from the community area. Quickly, the camera will sync with the base station, I will install the camera,(outside focused on my back deck door) and the longest it has stayed connected is 2 days. I use a netgear router and the Orbi WiFi system, with the orbi base and 2 satellites   After reading the many posts involving this situation, it appears that I have a defective camera. James, please help me. I'm almost 60 years old, with severe arthritis in my knees. Going up and down the ladder is painful and challenging. Thank You James, richirich1. 

Spoiler (Highlight to read)  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you swapped cameras around if you have multiple cameras? That would help nail down if it's the camera or position.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Richirich1,

If you have exhausted all possible fixes, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Richirich1
Aspirant
Aspirant
James, I have tried to contact support and I keep getting an error message. Can you please just start a support case number. I have been trying for 3 days to get some help from ARLO/netgear and have gotten no where. Please help
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Richirich1,

I have opened and escalated a support case. An agent will reach out to you via email as soon as possible.

JamesC

Richirich1
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC, thank you very much. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I look forward to speaking to the support tech. Richirich1
gmama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very frustrating reading all the messages with negative postings.  We purchased a package set that included one base and four cameras.  The installing and syncing went fairly easy but not that it it time to recharge the batteries my frustration cannot be measured.  I took the advice of one person the posted a suggestion by removing the battery and hooking the camera back up to the charger. YEP! Everyting syncs just fine.  I tried it with the second camera and the same thing.  I have three more cameras to try but I would expect the same results.  Going wireless seems like the best solution to fit our needs now it is just a huge pain.  I attempted to connect support using CHAT and perhaps they are closed on Saturdays but noone joined after 10 minutes.  The manual is not really helpful when it comes to trouble shooting.  I am not sure what our next move will be.  I guess reach our to Netgear.  Thanks to those of you who care enough to comment any potential solutions as these are the only suggestions I have had to work with.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gmama,

After recharging the battery the camera should automatically sync back up with the base station. What behavior are you seeing that indicates an issue? Did all cameras sync back to the base after rebooting th camera (remove and reinsert battery)?

JamesC

MiMiPaPa
Tutor
Tutor

I was just wondering if others have had an issue with one camera being loose where the battery connects?  It seems like the battery in one camera isn't making a good connection.  It's charged.  It connects online with battery removed and camera plugged in, but once I put the battery in, it disconnects.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The battery door doesn't need to be closed to have the battery in place. What happens if you push the battery in place and hold it?

MiMiPaPa
Tutor
Tutor

It flashes blue, only once and goes off line again. I just swapped out that battery for one that I just fully charged and now it is flashing amber. Also, that was a brand new battery.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A slow amber flash indicates a dead battery. Try it in another camera.

It's sounding like a bad camera. Open a case with support here for a possible replacement.

MiMiPaPa
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I agree, all of the batteries work in all of the other three cameras, so the only answer is a bad camera or at least the connection is bad.  It's very frustrating contacting the support team, though.  They do not listen to you.  It's like they can't comprehend, that you might actually know, what you are talking about and then some of their suggested solutions do not make any sense, what so ever.  For upwards of $800.00, I would expect at least a tech support team with some form of knowledge about the product.  Thank you jguerdat (Guru), for your reaffirmation and answers.  Maybe they should hire you!  Opened a case and new camera is on it's way......or at least I think so.

Eileen0204
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this same issue with one of my cameras.. It worked fine for a couple of months, not it will not stay connected.. Yes,, I've tried all the fixes... replaced batteries... reseated batteries... changed with other cameras in the same location.. and even unmounted the camera and reset it again. It will stay online for approx one day and then goes out again.

I've called Netgear twice now... finally got someone to give me the case number and they promised an email with things I need to fill out and then they will send me a new camera as the camera is bad.

Still not email with the required info I am supposed to supply. This company is very frustrating. Who can I talke to at Netgear about getting this camera fixed or sending out a new one?

MiMiPaPa
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Eileen. I feel your frustration. Their representatives do not do what they say they will do and dealing with their nonsense is frustrating at best. There is a comprehension and language barrier as well. Maybe they should insouce their customer service...Keep calling, every day, until they do what they need to, to help you. They did finally send me another camera and it’s better now, but sometimes they alternate which camera is not going to work! Good luck and let me know how you make out.
Eileen0204
Aspirant
Aspirant

MiMiPaPa,'

Thanks so much for your response. I actually finally talked with a decent rep via the live chat I found here. They sent me the paperwork via email for directions on how I want my camera shipped and I will send back the one I have that does not respond. 

Hoping this goes well and my camera is not "lost" in the system before I get a new one 🙂

MiMiPaPa
Tutor
Tutor
Great! I will tell you honestly though, I was quite annoyed that their warranty failed to tell me that any replacements of defective merchandise, would be my financial responsibility to return it to them. That in itself, is crappy customer service! Glad you are on the road to repair!