Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VBM4000 base station wont boot up.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SpiderKc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all

I'm new to Arlo.  I just recently picked up a factory refurbished Arlo Pro system with 2 cameras.  My base station is a VBM4000.  First off, I have tried another ethernet cable and it didn't help.  My router is a Linksys Smart Wifi.  I've gone through the router settings, and can't seem to find my port details.  The other requirements seem to be met.  So... here's whats happening..

After plugging the base into power and ethernet, I briefly get three green lights.  Then, I get just an amber power light.  After waiting and watching for a minute or two,  the power light turns green.  Then I get an amber internet light.  The internet and camera lights will briefly (a second maybe) turn green, then they go off and I have an amber power light again. If I watch long enough, this will repeat. The online guide suggested pushing the reset button until "all lights flash amber". I pushed the reset for almost a full minute, and all that stared back at me was a solid amber power light.  Never did all the lights flash.  I've played with the firewall settings on my router with no help.  Did I get a bum unit?  Any help or suggestions are appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This doesn't sound like normal behavior. Sounds like either the base station or power adapter is faulty. Where did you buy the system from?

SpiderKc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the unit from a Frys Electronics superstore. They had the original Arlo system on sale for $179 refurbished and the Arlo Pro system refurbished for $279.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the  store. Your system is defective.