Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
AEllis
Tutor
Tutor

I am so frustrated! We bought the Arlo Pro 4-pack of cameras recently. One camera will not stay online no matter what we do. We have gone through all the community recommendations and they have not worked. I emailed for support and received a very generic response of what to try. The suggestions mentioned had already been tried and still nothing. I've emailed back again twice and no response! I can't believe I paid almost $700 for a product that I can't get help with. 

Does anyone have any new suggestions? We have tried new batteries, re-synced the cameras, removed and added the entire system, adjusted the router, made sure firmware was updated, moved the camera to different locations (including closer and further to the base station), fussed with the router settings, moved the camera closer to the router, the list goes on and on!

Please help!

41 REPLIES 41
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It comes down to basic sanity.... it may just be a bad camera.

since you tried Netgear without answer, can you still return the package... if not you'll have to get a replacemant camera thru Netgear support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AEllis
Tutor
Tutor
I think it's a faulty camera too but can't seem to get anyone to discuss this issue through tech support! I'd hate to pack up the whole system for one camera but at this point I may just return it because I expect the support to be better given how much we paid.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only proof I can tell you to do , is swap the "bad" camera with one that is working fine ...

If the problem follows the camera, then you know where the problem is.

GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem.

I have a Pro camera that was workig fine, and then suddenly started burning through the battery (or the battery can't keep a charge).

First time, the camera was just dead.  Charged the battery and it connect to the base station and was back online.

Second time, the camera was dead, I charged the battery, and it would not connect to the base station (5 feet away).  I had to pull the battery, and reinsert it.  Then the camera came back on; but the battery was 37%.

Another Pro camera in the same location as this camera has not experienced any issues.

So I'm thinking the camera is bad....

GB

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want to test the PRO and make sure its the camera OR battery,

Pull the battery pack and run the camera just from the adapter power... see if it still drops out or stays online. If it stays online, sounds like a bad battery

AEllis
Tutor
Tutor
TomMac- Great suggestion. We tried and the camera still fails, so it is the camera. I still haven't received a response from Support about how they plan to fix it. I tried calling today and the phone rings then cuts off and says Call Failed. How do I get hold of someone to help? This is ridiculous!

Brayan909
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the same 4 pack Arlo Pro and I had an issue with one not staying connected. I noticed the battery was hot and also the battery was draining very quickly the few times i had it connected. I returned it and got me another 4 pack Arlo Pro and i have no issues now. Hope this helps.

GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

I opened support case #27802396...

There is no easy way to determine if it's the battery; the other two cameras required a ladder to get to... and it's icey; 18 degrees out at the moment.

GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

Oh, and I should point out that ALL of the other cameras... Pro and non-Pro are fine in those temps!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AEllis,

I would like to assist you with issue you are describing. What is the case number you have open with the support team? Please provide the case number and I will review your case and escalate if necessary.

JamesC

AEllis
Tutor
Tutor
I received three RMA cameras on 12/22 - one for the faulty camera and two for the night vision issue. Two work okay but the third doesn't work!

I'm beyond frustrated. After all that work I still have one camera that won't sync. We reset the whole system, reset the cameras, changed batteries, checked router settings. We out other cameras in that location (in our hallway) and they worked fine so we know it's not the location. Tech support is horrendous. I was on the phone for an hour and did not get any help. The woman said "your base is online so your camera should work." Are you kidding me?!

Someone please advise! I just want four cameras that work since that's what I paid for! I sent another email but of course I'll probably never hear from anyone since getting the last camera took forever to get a response about.
Brayan909
Aspirant
Aspirant
Netgear customer service to my experience is poor. I would have skipped all the hassle you went thru and been returned it like I recommended. If same issue happens again, get your money back. End of story
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AEllis,

I would like to offer assistance with the issue you are experiencing. I will reach out to you in a private message for additional information.

JamesC

wesmaniam
Aspirant
Aspirant

After struggling for over a week and back and forth with netgear support I am returning these cameras. Both of my cameras keep losing connectivity or running their batteries down.  The idea behind these sounds too good to be true and indeed it is.

Usmcvet
Star
Star
I have same issue and swapping out camera. Here is what I noticed...... Occasionally the IR lights will turn on when motion is detected event if cameras aren't on or armed.

More consistently though it appears cold weather effects it somehow and causes battery to drain rapidly. Again possibly IR lights turn on or something. The one I'm returning works fine as an indoor Camera but if I leave it outside overnight battery completely drains. I had it completely drain within hours once. And yes it happened with different batteries and this camera is closest to base station.
wesmaniam
Aspirant
Aspirant

The batteries are only half my issue. The other is that the cameras just wont stay connected.  I even plugged one of the cameras in since it was placed near a plug anyway.  Still it lost connectivity in less than a day and a half and I was 150 miles away from it.

Brayan909
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you haven't tried exchanging it first I would advise that first. My first batch had issues like you discribed. I exchanged it and now they have been working fine for a month now. The new feature that the alro app has to record on motion till motion stops is a battery killer! I wouldn't recommend that setting if you have it enabled
GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

1) Arlo technical support IS a pain in the butt. (There is another word with three letters that is more appropriate.)

2) You will have to exchange about 7-10 emails over 1-2 WEEKS to get them to finally RMA things.  EVERY email or message send to Netgear support will REQUIRE a day or two for them to get back to you!

3) They did send me a NEW camera and battery of hardware version 8 (my bad one was HW 7).  It just took time.

4) Overall the system is much better than VueZone (the prior itteration), and you may need send a camera or two back.  I've got 11 cameras; I'm use three Pro cameras in sub-zero temps (which they are not rated for), and two of them work without and issue.(Sub-Zero Centigrade ~15F)

5) It is CLEAR that the best way to deal with a camera issue is to due a return - IF you notice it quickly enough...  Otherwise, see item #1.

Oh, and Netgear techs don't seem to really read the messages, so you do spend some time telling to to pay attention and read the ticket.  (Which MOST of them do...)

wesmaniam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting.  I have HW 7 version cameras.  Anyway, what you describe is too much effort. I am inside the return policy at best buy so I will just return them and do without. 

wesmaniam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a Logi Circle as a replacement. It requires being plugged in but so far it is much better and I can use my existing wifi base station where I have control of the channels.

Richirich1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Richirich1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro camera that will not stay synced to the system. I have attempted every conceivable solution that has been put out by our support group. After spending another 20 minutes finding the correct area to explain my problem, I am in need of assistance. I have been loyal through the "pink tint" on several of my arlo cameras, now to this, 1 out of the 4 cameras will not stay on line. I have tried every "fix" offered in our community. I do believe I have a defective arlo Pro camera. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME resolve this defective camera issue. I'm at the brink of trashing all of my arlo and netgear camera and systems and all of my netgear equipment. Please advise me on the procedures for obtaining a replacement arlo pro camera. Thank You, Richard

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Defective hardware can only be replaced by opening a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
Mhughes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Currently I have the same problem at different times. Same camera looses connection. I reconnect and it will work for a week or so.