Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Night Vision Works as Sanpshot but not Video

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
crtolson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro camera that is set to night vision. When I take a still 'snapshot', features of a nearby fence, mailbox, etc. are quite clearly seen. However, when I go 'live' or when the camera detects motion, the video is clearly not night vision but rather just dark video. I have changed settings to turn off night vision, taken a still snapshot and the image is dark as expected. I then turn night vision back on, go live or walk in front of the camera but again, the video is still dark. However, a snapshot clearly shows the night vision turned back on.

For some reason the video just isn't working with night vision. (By the way, I have two Arlo Pro cameras and the other behaves as one would expect. Night vision works in either mode, video and stills)

Can someone help me diagnose and fix this issue?

Thanks

crtolson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
crtolson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Resetting worked, and giving it time to reset. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the wireless in terms of speed. One week had needed to do this 2x. Resetting 2x in a week is troublesome but I'm writing up to a learning curve. Hope it's just that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rneal
Tutor
Tutor

Had the same problem. Removed the device and re-synced it. Seems to be working now. Not sure for how long. Had to re-enter mode settings because they went back to defaults.

crtolson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Resetting worked, and giving it time to reset. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the wireless in terms of speed. One week had needed to do this 2x. Resetting 2x in a week is troublesome but I'm writing up to a learning curve. Hope it's just that.