Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
MisterGee
Star
Star

I have two Arlo Pro cameras. They have been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now the night vision (IR-lights) does not light up even tho it gives me motion alert through the IR-sensors. This make all recording pitch dark at night time. I have not changed anything. Both stopped working at the exact same time so I guess this must be a Firmware bug?

I have re-synced the cameras and even factory reset the Arlo Station, still the same problem.

Camera Firmware: 1.092.0.19_26228

Camera Hardware: H11

Arlo Station Firmware: 1.12.0.0_27099

Arlo Station Hardware: VMB4000r3

I'm trying to contact Support through Live Chat but the chat does not work.

Anyone else having this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
MisterGee
Star
Star

Now I know for SURE this is Firmware related!! I watched my video recordings from november 27th, the same day Arlo updated their app on the app store. That's when both my cameras IR-lights went out.

PLEASE FIX THIS ARLO!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MisterGee

Have you tried to remove & re-sync your cameras and test again?

MisterGee
Star
Star

@ShayneS Please read my post before replying.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just FYI -- there was not a firmware update on Nov, 27. That was an Arlo app update (software update). Firmware and software are very different. Firmware is the code that controls the hardware, software is the app you use to control the system.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

Sounds like maybe a bug in the night vision on/off toggle button in the new app. If you have android, switch back to a previous version of the Arlo app and your issue with the new app should be gone. If on iOS, and it's truely a bug, you'll have to wait until Arlo updates the iOS app.

MisterGee
Star
Star

You are 100% correct. Tho I was meant to write "software related" and not firmware. Im sorry 🙂

There also was a software update on Dec 7. Even that update does not make my camera turn on IR lights. 

But I think you are right about the on/off-slider.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I just thought of another thing.......... do you have Arlo integrated into smartthings? If so check your cameras settings in smartthings. There is a night vision setting that should be set to auto.

MisterGee
Star
Star

I'm not using Smart Things. Thanks tho!

Bccc
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same thing happened to me. Please update the iOS app! Looks like the vision setting only has brightness now and nothing for night vision.