Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues with Email Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
lifelasting
Follower
Follower
Have had this system for over a year receiving EMAIL (not phone push) notifications without fail. 2 weeks ago email notifications stopped working. We have settings correct on phone set up to receive EMAIL notifications for each camera but nothing worked. We restarted the box, double and triple checked email notifications but nothing worked until today we noticed you can add additional email address. We added another email address and low and behold we started receiving emails to our ORIGINAL email that was still on our account. Then we deleted the 2nd email we added. If you ha e problems with not receiving email notifications after having received them no problem in past I suggest you try this solution.
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lifelasting,

This is strange behavior, please let me know if you continue to experience any issues as adding a second email address should not be a requirement to receive email notifications on your first account.

JamesC

Wencon14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently my e mail notifications have stopped working. I have rebooted my base station, have checked my profile account and have checked my notifications page. My e mail has been confirmed and my notifications have been checked off. I'm not sure what else to try.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wendy 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Wencon14,

Try to disable the email notifications and then give it a few minutes to enable the email notification again and see if you receive any notifications. Also check to see if it's in your junk/spam mail. You can read more here of not receiving Arlo email alerts: Why am I not getting Arlo email alerts?

Wencon14
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI Jessica,

Thanks so much for the suggestions but I have already tried turning off the notifications, waiting and then turning them back on. I have gone through every tip listed in the link as well. I appreciate your time though!

Thanks,

Wendy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different email address in the list of recipients?

wb26
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue. I talked to Netgear on the phone and they suggested adding a second email address for notifications and this worked. At my next low battery event, just like the OP I got a low battery alert to the ORIGINAL email address in my account. Somehow adding a second email resets the notification. I deleted the second email so we’ll see if it continues to work at the next low battery event. 

wb26
Aspirant
Aspirant

After deleting the second email address I no longer get the low battery notifications. I don’t want to leave the second email in place because all types of alerts are sent to both emails so it's just too much info to manage. Any other ideas on how to get the low battery notifications back without adding a second email address?