Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kimchee68
Initiate
Initiate
I recently purchased the Arlo Pro and it was working fine/recorded when motion detection was on but after a few hours the camera does not record on any type of motion. I can only view live footage. I read online /other websites that many customers were having the same issues . Is there a glitch with software or something else that is causing these problems?
8 REPLIES 8
Kimchee68
Initiate
Initiate
I just called Technical support a few minutes ago and they have heard about this problem but seem to be clueless on a fix. How can a company launch a product that works/records for a few hours off the box and then stop working. If they know about this glitch why haven't they resolved it by now? I don't need live feed monitoring...I need it to record and work. This is unacceptable!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some weird issues can happen when firmware isn't up to date.  It'll be a PITA but try a reset.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Check for firmware updates in Settings, My Devices, your various devices and wait overnight for them to be automatically installed if it doesn't work right away.

DrexelLake
Guide
Guide

That's not going to cut it.  I need a reliable camera for crooks.  I didn't buy it to troubleshoot.  It's hard to find how to contact support too.  Taking it back tomorrow. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's hard to click on the Contact Support link at the bottom here?

DrexelLake
Guide
Guide

Cute.  The link takes you around and around.  The Chat gives you a number and tells you to give it to support but the chat window never populates.  Maybe you have time to sit and play here all night, but I do not.  My money and I'm not happy with the dificulty contacting support. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried it and it works fine. Several options to communicate including chat, email and phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can lead you to water but we can't make you drink. If you aren't bothering to state your problem, what you've tried, whether the possible solution posted above helped, made contact with support, etc. etc., ad nauseum, go right ahead and return them so someone else can get use of the system. I won't miss you.

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Be sure to checks the settings for each camera under the modes. Be sure they are all set to record on motion. Be sure to save any changes.

I had an issue early on there those settings dropped away.