Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Motion Not Being Detected or Recorded

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary

Ever since the Arlo system "upgraded" to the new smart plans, my cameras have been detecting and recording less and less motion events.  This, for me, is a bad thing!  They have been missing people walking around, missing animals, even missing my giant YukonXL  sometimes!  This is insane!  Below    are the (4) cameras I am having trouble with. (((and before you blame it on me, the base station is connected via Ethernet to a 400d/20u Mbps internet connection, and all 4 cameras have full signal strength, and all cameras are set to 90% motion detection, and to "record motion until motion stops".)))  My cameras all  worked fine, until this new "upgrade".

In this picture, i walked up to the man door, then walked along the front of the building, and then back, and the camera did not detect or record motion

In this picture, i started on the right, walked across the porch, down  across the concrete, then back again, and it did not detect or record motion at all.

In this picture, it records when the silver car moves, but it NEVER records when the Yukon moves.  However, it records when both cars come home.  Both cars leave at daylight and come home at daylight.

In this one, i came inside the door, turned the lights on, went out the door, came back in with a ladder, went back to the door, turned the lights off and set  the alarm, and not once did it detect motion or record video.  Even though it worked fine just yesterday.  This is completely rediculous!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @MotoRider42HC,

If you are seeing that some videos were not being detected or recorded from this week, it may be related to an issue we were experiencing but now resolved. You can read about it more here: RESOLVED: Partial Outage affecting library recordings and live streaming - 9/18 3PM PT

As @steve_t mentioned, try to raise up the motion sensitivity if there are some things that are not being detected. Also make sure that the camera is positioned properly to detect proper motions and the connection is strong between your camera and your base station. Here are some articles to refer to: 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can't see your pics til a moderator OKs them but perhaps turn your motion sensitivity up to 100 and work your way down again as you get false alarms

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary

@steve_t wrote:

Can't see your pics til a moderator OKs them but perhaps turn your motion sensitivity up to 100 and work your way down again as you get false alarms

Sorry, my apologies, i should of included in the OP that these cameras worked just fine a few months ago, even just a few weeks ago they worked alright.  But this week, wow, they are completely worthless.  I have 4 more cameras, all which seem to still be working well enough, but not great.  It has been extremely frustrating to watch the motion capture degrade like this.

"I rather capture 1000 videos of nothing, than miss 1 video of a theif."

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @MotoRider42HC,

If you are seeing that some videos were not being detected or recorded from this week, it may be related to an issue we were experiencing but now resolved. You can read about it more here: RESOLVED: Partial Outage affecting library recordings and live streaming - 9/18 3PM PT

As @steve_t mentioned, try to raise up the motion sensitivity if there are some things that are not being detected. Also make sure that the camera is positioned properly to detect proper motions and the connection is strong between your camera and your base station. Here are some articles to refer to: 

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary

P.S.  Can a moderator please "redact" (remove) my pictures, now that the issue is solved?  Don't want them online for a peep show in case someone on here lives in my town.  Thanks!!!

@JamesC