Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Syncing Problem With The Base

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Details. What have you tried? What do you see? What are the LEDs on the base show?

AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I follows all the set up procedures, I’ve got solid green both power and internet, and when I try to sync/connect my camera to base station following the steps , it won’t work, end up to blinking amber on my camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Does the base Camera LED blink green when trying to sync? WHat about on the camera, which should be a slow blue blinking? 

AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
The base is blinking green and the camera is slow blinking blue, and after a minute turn to continuous blinking Amber. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be clear, when not trying to sync the camera, what is the Camera LED showing on the base? It should be off - if it's amber, it means the base needs to be claimed.

AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
When not syncing the light is OFF,and when I try to connect the camera and trying to sync its blinking green. .still not connecting/syncing. I thought there will be no problem, that’s why me and my wife purchase this product.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing any devices from Settings, My Devices. FOr good measure, press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. After it reboots, use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base again. Update the firmware if prompted. Then try to sync the cameras. Any luck?

AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
so disappointed with this product,you can’t even return it to store to change or to let them send it to ARLO service Center. If you have problem.
AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried rebooting the base many times,,removing it to my device,re installing it. still NOT WORKING( connecting/syncing the camera to base)
easycure1974
Aspirant
Aspirant

Í have the same problem. I got big batterydrain, down from two months of battery time down a couple of weeks. I reset my basestation and are trying to sync my cameras back. Have four Arlo Pro cameras and an Arlo Q and none of them syncs to basestation. Have tried to factoryreset the basestation serveral times but none of the cameras will sync. The sync lamp on the basestation blinks and the blue light on the camera blinks but hey never connect. Been wasting hours on this garbage. I also have a Orbi Pro who has been giving me so much trouble. Selling of all Netgear stuff with such crappy working software

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @AriesGP and @easycure1974,

After doing the factory reset, try to connect the cameras close to the base station. Use this article to help troubleshoot the syncing problems with your Arlo Pro with the Base Station: My camera will not sync with the base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

And use this article to know what the LEDs mean on the Arlo Base Station: What do the LEDs on my Arlo or Arlo Pro Base Station Mean?

AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried that already, few inches away to the base! Still not working!!!
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@AriesGP I also had trouble with resyncing my camera's after doing a reset of the base station, try plugging the camera into the charging cable, take the battery out and try and sync, if that doesn't work plug the charging cable into the USB port on the base station with camera plugged in and no battery. If that doesn't work contact support. I had to get my base station replaced.

AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, I’ll try that,and keep you posted Sir.
AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not connecting/syncing.
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@AriesGP Contact support and tell them the troubleshooting you have done. It sounds like maybe your base station is faulty. Good Luck

Monica

AriesGP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Guys!