Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro cameras and about two weeks ago, the motion detection on all cameras stopped working. I have performed a motion detection test on all cameras and they all pass the test with a blinking amber light. The batteries are showing full charge so I cannot understand why none of them will pick up motion.

14 REPLIES 14
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Try the easy stuff first.............

Restart the base. See if that helps.

Pull batteries on cameras and reinsert. See if that helps.

Next check your Mode/Rules and make sure they are still setup correctly to detect motion (check sensitivity setting as well), to record video, and send push notifications.

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all of that already.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Try creating a new custom mode and see if it works then. Basically trying to determine if your modes/rules are corrupted or if you have base/camera problems.

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant

I created a custom mode and the cameras still dont detect motion.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ok, so either your rules aren't working at all or.... I doubt all your cameras developed an issue all at once so it's most likely an issue with the base station. I know it seems like we're trying the same things over and over, but can you try setting up a custom rule on the arlo website instead of in the app. If it doesn't work there then sounds like a base issue. I suppose it could be your account on the arlo servers is corrupted and not running the rules correctly, but base issue sounds more likely to me.

If you haven't done this yet.... remove all cameras, remove base, factory reset base (using the pin sized reset button), add base back to account, sync cameras.

Otherwise sounds like you may need to contact support and get your base replaced as long as your still under warranty.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To add to what pc2k17 has mentioned, have you checked to see if the black running man logo is showing? If it is grey than your motion detection is off. 

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried everything that was suggested and there has been no change. The little men are black and the cameras pass the motion detection tests, but none actually detect motion out of test mode.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you reboot or restart the base station? I see you mentioned trying one of these options.

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I restarted the base station.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

What base and camera firmware versions do you have?

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware is 1.2.21616.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I'm pretty sure that's a firmware version for Arlo, not the Arlo Pro. Do you have Arlo original cameras on a Pro base?

Arlo Pro Base, Pro Camera, and Pro 2 camera should be:

Gen 3 and Gen 4 Base Station  1.10.0.9.23037
Camera VMC4030 (Arlo Pro) 1.092.0.17_25364
Camera VMC4030P (Arlo Pro2) 1.125.11.1_25366

And to add... of you have Pro cameras with that firmware, then that's probably the issue. If you do, I'd PM JamesC and see if he can get the engineers to set you up correctly in the system and push the correct firmware to you.

bdone
Aspirant
Aspirant
I made a mistake....I have Arlo cameras and base station, not Arlo Pro. That being said, the base and cameras are the same.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ok makes sense now. I've seen in the Arlo forum (not the pro forum) people reporting the same issue as you once their cameras were updated to firmware 1.2.21616. I haven't followed the threads closely so not sure if there was a fix or work around or the status of the issue. Maybe check out the threads in the Arlo forum, they might have info that can help you out.