Schedule mode sets to disarmed even though disarmed is not part of my schedules

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ericksaurus
Aspirant
Aspirant

My schedule continually sets the mode to disarmed, even though disarmed is not part of my schedules on any day or time. When I go to change it, switching between other modes and back to schedule, to try to get it to be set correctly, it moves it back to disarmed. If I leave it set to a different mode long enough and then switch back to schedule, it will set the correct mode. Just another problem with these cameras. Very frustrating. I am assuming sometime during the transition from one day to the next (midnight), is when this is happening, but I don’t know that for sure. It has just started becoming a regular occurrence.

7 REPLIES 7
Ericksaurus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I add a correction. I had just got the schedule to set the mode correctly (left it on a different mode, typed up previous message, went back in and switched it to schedule, which seemed to set the correct mode) when I submitted the message above. After submitting it, I went back in to find that the mode was once again set to disarmed incorrectly. I’ll be resetting the base station remotely in hopes that that will fix it. This is unacceptable for any product, let alone a security product. I get no piece of mind from these when they constantly fail to do the one thing they are meant to do.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, what device are you using to set the schedule? I find that the apps tend to show an incorrect mode even though it's set properly. I use a browser to properly set modes and scheedule which works fine. It will show the selected mode properly, too. You can use a mobile browser if you set the browser menu to use the desktop version of the site.

Ericksaurus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the iOS app to do this work. I can tell that it is actually disarmed, as the app says, because I don’t get recordings or notifications that would happen if the mode is set correctly.
As far being forced to use a browser to get correct data regarding the system, that is a problem. There is no reason that the browser and the app should ever show conflicting information. Just shows the poor state of this system. Unreliable in many ways. I have another post out here regarding CVR being flaky, too. That has been a problem for months. We had the scheduling issue where the schedules wouldn’t take or would delete themselves which took many months to fix. Arlo team is quick to push out new products, but the existing ones don’t work as they should. They need to focus on these bugs in the system.

Ericksaurus
Aspirant
Aspirant

After restarting the base station yesterday, once again this morning, the system was set to disarmed incorrectly. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you verify by using a browser?

Ericksaurus
Aspirant
Aspirant
I believe I found the issue. At some point, the schedule changed to end for the day at 12am. I do not believe this was a change I made. A friend of mine has had the same experience and also does not recall making the change to end at 12am. This is actually the start of the next day, which I believe caused the issue with it going into disarmed mode overnight. When I changed this to 11:59pm (which Arlo then once again changed itself to 11:58pm at some point, but I have left it there for now), I have had the expected modes set by the schedule. I also adjusted the other timings during the day to not overlap, which is how it was originally set up, but once again, at some point changed within the Arlo system.
Also, I want to make it clear that if I need to do something on the website rather than in the app, when that function is available in the app, that itself is a huge bug and is also not acceptable.
sward6368
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am curious if I had the same issue.  I did not receive recordings the other night at 3am as expected.  I did receive prior to midnight and after the time my next schedule picks up at 4:30am.  I checked and my last scheduled event of the day was set to end at 12am and next time started at 12am.  I adjusted so the last scheduled event ended at 11:59pm.  The web page schedule tool does some validation of times (ie I was not able to set the end time before the start time) but it doesnt seem to do a good job of checking for potential overlaps. 

Not sure if this caused my issue or not, but will have to try at some point after midnight and before my next morning schedule takes effect.