Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

It appears since the iOS 13 release when I go into the “Mode” to select disarm, the app will not stay disarmed.  In all the other modes, there is an option to “edit” those modes and the “disarm” mode does not have this.  It has always worked fine when I want to put all my cameras in “disarm” mode?  is anyone else having this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bdsmith63

You are very welcome!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @bdsmith63

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using?

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

I am using Version 2.9.1 (1134) released 09/19/2019.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bdsmith63

What Device/Phone/Model/OS are you running?

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

iPhone XS Max iOS 13.1.3 (Just updated this evening).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do the cameras stay disarmed when you switch it through the web portal?

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

See attached.

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

I put the base in disarm mode from the web portal, tested outside cameras, and no motion caused the camera to go back to armed mode.  I then switched off the portal and used the app and it did the same thing.  It seems like every time I put the app in disarm mode, then it appears after a certain amount of time it goes back to armed, I couldn’t replicate the issue just now.  I am not crazy, and have used the app for a long time and definitely used the disarm mode on many occasion and it has always worked fine, but it obviously was not working over the past few weeks when I’ve switched it.  Usually on a weekend if we’re working outside or for whatever reason I wanted not to get motion alerts and record video events?

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

Okay, issue JUST happened.  I had the app in disarm mode a few minutes ago, went and made motion on a camera, nothing happened, came back and the app still showed disarmed, but just now after I typed the last post, I went back into the app and looked at the mode and it shows “armed” —- so something is not saving it in disarmed mode when I’ve changed it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What firmware is your base station running? I am sure you have tried this, but have you rebooted the base station and test again?

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, my Arlo Base is running firmware 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a and it is showing no updates available.  This morning I placed the system in “disarm” mode waited about 15 minutes had a motion alert and looked at the app and the status was showing it was “armed” so it apparently isn’t staying.  When I am home this afternoon I will try a reboot and see if this corrects the issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bdsmith63

I will be here to assist you when you test this. 

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I had someone reboot the base, and it seems to have corrected the issue.  I set the mode to “disarm” and have gone in and out of the app multiple times and seems to staying disarmed.   I will test it further when I get home.  Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

DISARM MODE is NOT working!  Okay — here is the final update.  Since I’ve been home, I have set the mode in disarm, I have come back and forth checking it over the past 45 minutes and the app shows the mode as “disarm”.  I had turned on an inside camera before I set it to disarm mode, just now when I walked across the room, I got alerts detecting motion, when I got back to my app the mode shows “armed”.  I never changed it to ARMED?  Help?  At times I like to disarm all 6 cameras on the weekends if we’re working all over the house (inside and out).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @bdsmith63

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41220046

bdsmith63
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your help!  In testing it today from outside the home, it has been staying in disarm mode while I know there would be motion alerts going on, but I’ll continue to make sure it’s resolved with the open case.  Thank you for your help - this community forum is great to start with help!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bdsmith63

You are very welcome!