Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro: Long Recordings

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lnkaye
Star
Star

My Arlo Pro cameras just started recording motion for exactly 5:05 each and every time motion is detected. I have them set for "record until activity stops". This has always worked fine in the past. It would typically record for anywhere between 10 and 30 secs or so, or an occasional long sequence, but this fixed 5:05 is a sucking up my batteries. I even tried to set a short fixed time, which works and changed back to the variable, but to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, I would reboot the base and remove and insert the battery for the camera. If that doesn't help, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

lnkaye
Star
Star

I tried your suggestion and now I'm getting random 5:04, 5:05 lengths. There seems to be no reason for them. Also, getting a lot of false triggers of no motion being recorded at all,  for other shorter durations. These longer ones do have motion that lasts maybe up to 30 secs. I don't want to remove the camera now as we will be away from our premises for a long duration. I will set it for a fixed recording period for the time being. Not happy with the change in behavior, though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a braand new custom mode on the chance any existing ones are somehow corrupt?

lnkaye
Star
Star

We're using the very basic "armed" mode, "Record video when motion is detected and then "Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec)".  How can a standard mode be corrupt?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's happened before. Try one thing before the ultimate fix - create a new custom mode with the same settings as Armed. See if that works right. If so, you can run with that or, especially if it doesn't work or you want to clear things up completely, reset the system and start fresh to clear out whatever weirdness is happenings.

Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Claim the base normally and then sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

lnkaye
Star
Star

Went back and forth several times between record until activity stops and 20 secs, 30 secs, etc. I stopped at my desired "until activity stops" and the last 8 recordings have been differing at less than 30 secs. It looks like the problem has been resolved. I'm going to wait and see. My other camera has been recording fine in the same mode, BTW.