Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Live View recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WallaceTech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. 

I am from the UK and i am looking at purchasing a single Arlo Pro + base station. I might look at the Pro 2 at some stage. However , I like the Arlo because i can choose to have it wireless or have it powered. 

As i plan to power the camera, Will i be able to connect in a watch real time? Is there a time limit to how long i can view?

Also is there anyway of getting some kind of continuous recording or is eveything event based?. I might have some more questions as i go. Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

WallaceTech wrote:

As i plan to power the camera, Will i be able to connect in a watch real time? Is there a time limit to how long i can view?

Yes, there is Live View, but the Arlos do shut down at about 30 mins...this is in case you left it on so not to kill battereis ( even if on ac )

Also is there anyway of getting some kind of continuous recording or is eveything event based?. I might have some more questions as i go.

You can have 24/7 recording with the CVR option on the Pro2 model if plugged into ac but not on the Pro.

It still records on the event triggerings in the library but also in the CVR

BTW, the Pro2 is sort of a Q camera while on ac power, but a regular Pro model when on batteries

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
WallaceTech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks mate. I think i have found a Pro 2 camera and just need to buy the base. I have posted in the Pro 2 section to confirm that the Pro 2 will work with a Arlo Pro base station. 

This is a big investiment even for a single camera setup. £362 so want to make sure i get this right. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you mounting inside or out...what is your usage ?

WallaceTech
Aspirant
Aspirant

So it will be monted outside on my house looking down on my drive way. Will be high up so to stop it being removed. I plan to power it. We have a small window we never open and have seen you can get thin cables that will pass through windows. So will be powered all the time. 

I want to be able to connect in any time and see the live video feed. I want recording not just event based. Although do want to be notified. It seems the Pro 2 is what i need to be looking at.Expensive stuff compared to the Pro 1

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that the Q camera may be better suited ??/ the Q will detect motion thru glass, while the Pro wil not

And the Q is a better rez picture

the Q with the cvr has 24/7 recording But does not use a base,,, hooks directly into you wifi

check the specs at page top