Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ontheparkway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I have a abusive relative who is using an Orlo Pro camera system to spy harrass and intimidate my Brother, myself and my late Aunt who was battling end stage cancer.  My uncle is a rich evil vindictive twisted individual.  My brother and I where taking care and helping out our aunt who was fighting cancer since 2010, she just passed away in Dec,  Our Uncle is a partial owner of the property,  he has a workshop about 200ft away from my Aunts house where he set up the Orlo base.  Is there anything that I can use to disrupt or interfiere or shut down the ability of these cameras to send data or communication back to the base?  i am not kidding,  this is real, i'm been disabled quadraplegic for 20 years now,  and my quality of life has been greatly diminished by my big spoiled aggressive uncle.  Please help.  the police don't want to get involved because its a family issue.  I live on long island NY,  If anybody has any ideas on what i can do, any imput would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley Sad

Spoiler

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't hink you can legally do anything to disrupt the camera system. If the police can't/won't help, I'd have to suggest a lawyer.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit: dupe

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the cameras inside or outside?  ..Are the cameras in private areas like bedrooms  or common areas of the jointly own home?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ontheparkway
Aspirant
Aspirant

They are free standing on poles that he placed in the ground just outside the actual property associated with the house,  he also partially owns the property next to the house,    The owners of the cameras don't live at the residence,   They were pput up to harass my aunt and her friends and caregivers as my aunt was suffering from end stage cancer.  so no the cameras are not placed in the house, just outside the property to watch and listen,  Such negative energy,  these people are just bullies who always get their way.  just trying to figure out if theres something i can use to interfiere with the cameras getting reception.  

ontheparkway
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand what you are saying,  I'm on medicaid do to my disability, and my brother is just a blue collar guy,  The owners of the cameras are in a cash business were they have been making between $2000 to upwards of $15000.00 a day for about 20 years.  They have an attorney on spped dial,  So its a david and goliath situation.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In NYS, there is no expectation of privacy in a public place, also as a part owner of the property it could be said that he would be allowed to record in those areas except where personal privacy would rule ( like your bedroom since you are also part owner )

The only thing I can think of is in NYS there is a evesdropping law... In order to record audio ( the Pros have audio ) you must be a part of the conversion that is recorded ( 1 party rule, only one person has to allow )

If and it's a big IF, you could prove the uncle is recording your conversions without your consent AND he is not a part of it, you may have a chance.

To be honest, it sounds like a cluster flop, and to get results you would have to prob use an attorney.

Can you get any response from org like the ACLU ?

good luck

Morse is faster than texting!