Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of my cameras always go offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jimww
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed Arlo pro for my home yesterday, right after installation I noticed this issue. I tried to troubleshoot it by myself. Every time after I open and close the camera battery box, this camera works for a while. But after 2-3 minutes, the status becomes offline. I have 4 cameras and only one behaves like this, other 3 works. I also tried to switch battery for it, still seeing this issue.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Temporarily swap cameras to see if the issue stays with the caamera or the position.  If it's the camera, swapping the system at the store would be the fastest route while if it's the position, you'll need to experiment with different locations to aid the WiFi connection between the base and camera.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It he 'bad' camera to a location with one of the working ones... test again.

If still NG, go to cameras settinga nd use REMOVE DEVICE, then bring it back as new.

If still NG , it's either a return to store or contact Netgear Support to replace same.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jimww
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your advices. I tried swap the location, remove and sync, still NG.
I think I have to contact Netgear support. I've exchanged once from bestbuy, the previous package has one camera totally doesn't work, and they don't change for single camera, so I got a new 4 camera system, which has the problem I post here. It's really frustrating.