Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RoxieHook
Initiate
Initiate

How can I make the notifications louder on my phone?  The sound now is just a little ding, no way does it wake me up.  

9 REPLIES 9
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

What phone do you have?

What version of the Arlo app do you have?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always use a sound editor to crank up the volume. You may need to edit the sound multiple times to get it loud enough.

RoxieHook
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo is Version 2.6.3 and I have iPhone 12.1 (16B92(

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

That's the issue......... there is currently a bug in the iOS app where you can't change the notification sound. You're supposed to be able to choose any sound on your phone that you want, but currently you can't. My older android app still allows me to chnage the sound. Hopefully they fix the apps soon.

Clamb
Initiate
Initiate

Very frustrating. I hope they address this issue soon.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I believe right now it's using your iOS default notification sound (ding). If you can change the default iOS notification sound arlo should then use that.

Clamb
Initiate
Initiate

Not an option, other than the ding. Seems like it would have to be taken care of on your end. 

How do I turn the siren on? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the gray bar near the top of the Devices tab to manually operate the siren.

And it's not on "our" end - almost all of us are users like you. The only Arlo folks are specifically identified as employees.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Not being able to set the sound in the app is a bug. Hopefully Arlo fixes it soon.