Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Focus - viewing through glass

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ontime
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brand new Arlo Pro user here.

Setup was a breeze in general. Great.

I have seen the topic addrerssed to some degree but I am going to ask again anyway because of an observation i made.

I am setting up in an office to view the front parking lot. When I first set the camera, it offered an exceptional view of the lot. This lasted about 2-3 seconds, then it seemed the camera 'focused' on the glass and reflections. 

I have tried this with nigh vision on and off and it always seems to defalut to focusing, for lack of a better word, on the glass andreflections. The reason I ask again is based on the observation that the camera did pick up the desired image for a moment. To me, this means the camera is capable of capturing that image without capturing the reflections.

I've been through the settings, fairly minimal and intuitive and can't come up with a solution. Is there a solution?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Best tips I can give,

1) tight up against glass

2) cover back area to prevent reflection ( I use the curtains to block inside light reflection)

3) turn off IR night light as it will reflect and wash out picture

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
brh
Master
Master

@ontime

The Arlo Pro models are not designed to work behind glass. Any light outside and any reflected light from inside your house will destroy the night vision and the motion detection will not work. If you put the camera in a box so that no reflected light is coming in and turn off the night vision it might improve a little bit.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes as mentioned above, the motion detect will not work thru glass...

Answered just thinking you wanted to view and manually control record

Morse is faster than texting!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is there somewhere outside you can mount the camera?

ontime
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for all your advice. in the end, i installed the cameras outside.  The install is for an office environment and having the cameras inside for recharging and battery life in cold weather would have been ideal. No matter, they are now up and working.

Thanks again