Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro: Features of Connectable Devices

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sreynolds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know if any of the connectable available devices, like Amazon's Echo Show, will provide motion alerts? The Ring camera has a device called a Ring Chime that makes a noise in your house when motion is detected, and I liked this feature. I am just wondering if the Arlo Pro can connect to other devices or has a device that will notify of motion alerts aside from just the text/ email alerts? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you put an old cellphone or tablet somewhere and install the Arlo app on to that. Turn off app optimisation if it's android. Then have the Arlo camera detecting motion send a notification and it will make the device make a sound as well as you own cell phone.
Alternatively, if you have something like smartthings, you can trigger many different things with Arlo. I have mine turn on lights inside and outside my house for a set amount of time during certain times of the day

sreynolds
Aspirant
Aspirant

I typically have my phone silent during the night, but an old tablet is a good idea. I may try this in the meantime! Thank you