Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
KbergIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the past 2 days, we've been having a 2 hour delay in receiving notifications from our Arlo Pro system. I have 2 different email accounts on my iPhone 6, one is Gmail and both been working great until a few days ago. Nothing has changed in our schedule. Our delayed notification emails will state the actual time the cameras were triggered but the email arrives 2 hours late.

55 REPLIES 55
deewt
Tutor
Tutor

I got a notification on my tablet at 3:17 and a notification on my phone at 3:26 for the same video recording at 3:20. It appears that the time stamp IN the email and the time stamp OF the notification have been set to align with each other even though the actual occurrence was not at that time. Should I reset or uninstall the app for the update to take place? I understand that the delay is now a smaller window than before but a 3 minute delay is still too long for home security to be reliable.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that push notifications are nearly instantaneous while the email isn't sent until the video is completely uploaded.

blks2k2
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of today - 7/24/17 - I am not getting ANY push notifications from my cameras at all.  I have Arlo Pro and regular Arlo wireless cameras.  Yes I have logged out and in, yes installed the APP again, yes checked on the cameras being in motion detection, active and to send to my email address.   Is there an issue on Arlo / Netgear's side?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

blks2k2,

Consider a base station reboot using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online and try again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

jcplonghorn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. All cameras' push notifications to my iPhone are nearly instantaneous, however, all cameras' email notifications to Gmail are arriving about two hours after the motion was detected. Library saves properly, and alerts me properly from the Arlo iOS app, but the emails are two hours delayed.

Edit: I checked the Gmail email headers, and all messages show that they were sent to the Gmail server about two hours after the recording time. Gmail received them within 8 seconds after that send timestamp, and delivered to my inbox immediately.

jcplonghorn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adding what worked for me in case anyone else is searching:

I tried many times to fill out the "contact us" email form on the support page, but it kept throwing "an error has occurred." So I had to call. Hold time was about 10 minutes.

The support rep had me add an additional email address to the mode settings. We did not do anything else on my end. Tested motion detection and suddenly the emails came in right away. I believe that just re-saving the mode reset it and solved the problem. Or, the support rep, who put me on hold for several minutes, might have reset something on their end - although I asked and she said no. My cameras did go offline for a couple of minutes while she had me on hold (but the Netgear router's lights stayed on, so not rebooted here.)

Previously, the email headers showed that Arlo's servers were actually sending the emails about two hours late, as I said above. Gmail's server was receiving them right away and delivering to my inbox within 8 seconds.

However, after re-saving the mode, the new emails that came in showed Arlo's servers sent the email almost immediately. (You can see this send and receive timestamp, along with server hops along the way, in the email message header.)

Hope this helps someone else.