Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
KbergIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the past 2 days, we've been having a 2 hour delay in receiving notifications from our Arlo Pro system. I have 2 different email accounts on my iPhone 6, one is Gmail and both been working great until a few days ago. Nothing has changed in our schedule. Our delayed notification emails will state the actual time the cameras were triggered but the email arrives 2 hours late.

55 REPLIES 55
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Same problems on my iPhone.  They started recently after working fine for almost 2 years.  I'm adding to this string to bump it up.  Arlo needs to correct problem.

13_Oaks
Tutor
Tutor

Same issues running on my Nexus 6P Android phone, although it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it will notify me immediately, sometimes it takes several hours. 

deewt
Tutor
Tutor

I've been receiving delayed email alerts for 2 days now. It started out at 15-20 minute delays but then I just received an email alert at 6:30pm for a motion detection at 10:38 this morning! The videos still record but it doesn't help me any if I don't even know that the camera is being triggered! Please help!

lmsattler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have been having this same problem started about 2 months ago after the cameras worked well for several months. I have wireless cameras set up on one internet provider and Arlo Q set up at another location using a different provider.  I decided this probably meant it was not the provider. I saw a post from someone saying they opened a ticket and the rep said no one else was complaining- so I called today to open a ticket. It does seem they are not reading this community board- which I mentioned several times I thought would be helpful for the company. In any case after several questions this tech determined I should try to change the DNS code on the router. He said the individual providers- verizon, comcast, TWC, etc, set the DNS code for their own setting. He said the Arlo responds best to a setting which is different than the internet provider default setting. He thought this might be blocking some of the video from reaching the cloud in a timely fashion and possibly also blocking a firmware update from reaching the equipment. The router I need to update first is a verizon router using Fios service which he said I need to call verizon and change this DNS code with them on the phone I can not do this myself. He said there are two lines of code to change the DNS to no matter what it currently is, the new first line is as follows: 8.8.8.8  then the second line is 8.8.4.4  I will not be able to try this for another week or so, in the mean time I told him about everyone posting here with all of the same complaints I hope he checks this feed. The number I called to open the ticket was 408-638-3750. I hope this works! When I get to try it and I get results I will post again.

Lisa

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Please also read other string titled "Delay between detection/notification and upload of video to camera"     Same issues; different folks.

DenverDTS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Throwing my hat in here as well. Just threw up a new camera and am seeing delays. Camera monitoring at 9pm, shows up in my email inbox at 11pm or later.

QinLA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this same problem of delayed emails.  It happens to by my email (Gmail), and also to my wife's email (not Gmail).  The delay is 2-3 hours on some, but not on all emails.  I noticed in this thread mention that Notifications are not affected, and I'm going to try that to see if it delivers timely.  We've been using Arlo for over a year, and this problem started in the past few months.

Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice
Netgear, are you planning on doing something about this? We pay a crap load of money for your system - please react! Blink XT... The competition is on its way. I hope it gets you guys on your toes to get your system running smoother.
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Still having delays in Notifications and emails.   Random but mainly early morning.   I bought mine through Home Depot.  Perhaps I should go on their site and add a review of how poorly these are working.  I'm sure they sell many through BestBuy also.   If the truth of how unreliable these are is added to the Reviews on the main stores that sell Arlos . . . .  Netgear may correct the issue.  ?!?

Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Its so sad... Arlo can really be an exceptional system. There seems to be a lot of issues with Arlo if I combine what I've read over the past 4-6 weeks, specifically Amazon review and the community here. This I've only found out after I've spent the $820 on Amazon for the 5 camera system. I have not received it yet, on its way to South Africa... On the other hand, it is the best system out there at the moment, theres nothing better in its class. Netgear is suppose to be a well established company, not? The price one pays for this system is huge, is this not suppose to create sustainable product? Look at the geofence functionality that still has not been resolved? Changes also seems to be prematurely pushed to customers, changes are not properly quality assured.

I hope the competition sees the gap in the market and runs for it. When this happens Arlo will or dissapear, or Netgear will wake up.

jz100
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just wrote my review on Apple store. Netgear, time to own up the problem before this turns into a pr crisis. Do you just truly not care about your brand any more?
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

jz100 wrote:
I just wrote my review on Apple store. Netgear, time to own up the problem before this turns into a pr crisis. Do you just truly not care about your brand any more?

Many of us, including myself, have never experienced this issue. With it being isolated I'd wager that the Netgear engineers are having a tough time coming up with a fix. Maybe JamesC can post a followup.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

It's not that isolated.   At least 3 strings on this troubleshooting site with multiple people stating the same problem for 2 months.   Androids, iPhones, etc.  and we've all taken the recommended steps with no improvement.  I have had my cameras for almost 2 years and this just started in May.     

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Isolated is relative. While a number of folks have and are experiencing this apparently many more are not. I generally do use any notifications but when someone asks I enable them and have never had a problem. While the problem installations may be statistically significant (or not) there's no real proof that it's a widespread issue. Basically, only the folks who have a problem post here or in reviews. Given the number of overall posts vs. the number of individual complaints there's not much evidence proving your point.
deewt
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat ~ just because every complaint isn't posted here, doesn't mean "many more are not" experiencing the problem. Clearly, this is NOT isolated! ANY problem with a $400 system that is not an hardware issue, IS  a problem that NetGear MUST address! Without immediate notification that the camera has been triggered by a possible threat, negates the purpose of the system clearly! I've only had my system for 6 months so even if I'm the only person with the problem, I expect the issue to be "significant" enough for it to be repaired and quickly!

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you. I spent $500+. I've tried the restart and it didn't correct the error. It is probably more widespread but not everyone uses them 24/7 and notices the major delays - like 15 minutes ago when I received notification but no video.
Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice
JamesC, can you please give us an update? Should you not maybe request more info from these users? Email headers, screenshots of original (correct trigger times) etc?
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Check the string "Arlo Pro recordings not in Library".   They received a little more attention but no real help of course.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering for review. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

lmsattler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James C, a search on my phone of netgear community emails indicates on June 9 you posted this exact comment. So now it's June 27 and you are posting it again. Does this mean engineering has not been able to make any progress on this topic in over two weeks? Can you get a supervisor on the line here James? Thanks so much.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC

KbergIN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! Ever since the post yesterday indicating that a cloud update has been deployed, my email notifications are now working properly and videos are timely showing up in the library. It has taken a very long time for this fix to occur, but if it weren't for all of the Arlo consumers speaking up and keeping this and other posts concerning this matter on the priorities list, it may have taken a longer time for Arlo to resolve! Thanks everyone for voicing your concerns and posts to this thread and others to help make this happen!!!

Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear / Arlo / JamesC - Thanks a lot. We Appreciate... 

13_Oaks
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for that! I was seeing up to 24 hour delays. It seems to be much better since yesterday.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Mine seem to be working correctly. Thank you.