Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted
Guide

Arlo Pro Does Not Record Or Alert

One of my five cameras is fully charged, all setting identical to the other cameras, senses motion when using Device Utilities/Motion Detection Test & icon colouring when armed but will not record or send notification.  Ive tried all the obvious and not so obvious fixes and nothing has rectified it.  I’ve had this system for a little over a year and never had a problem until I upgraded to “Smart” and added the 5th camera (the new camera is not the one that now causing trouble).  It seems like there’s a lot of people having similar issues but Ive tried all the “fixes” and read the majority of the posting and can’t find a remedy.  Please help.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: Arlo Pro Does Not Record Or Alert

Just a thought - use a browser to check and set your modes, rules amd schedule. The app sometimes display incorrectly. If I need to do anything in the Mode tab, I use a browser.

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
Tutor

I think it's the same problem many of us are having. Though the system says "armed," the base station and cameras don't activate the motion detectors. It's a problem w one of the firmware upgrades though no idea which.  

The arlo pro 2 users have a solution by removing the camera battery for two minutes, removing the camera from the system, and then adding back. That has not worked for me w the Arlo Pro

Message 2 of 7
Guru

Just a thought - use a browser to check and set your modes, rules amd schedule. The app sometimes display incorrectly. If I need to do anything in the Mode tab, I use a browser.

Message 3 of 7
Guide

Hi, thanks for the input but that was one of the first things I tried...didn’t make any difference.

Message 4 of 7
Guide

I tried the Arlo Pro 2 solution re removal of batteries and it didn’t fix the issue...thanks though.

Message 5 of 7
Guide

Update:  I’ve narrowed things down a little...not that it’s solved the problem.  When I set up any motion zones on the offending camera, it seems to cause the problem (no recording or notification of movement).  When I delete all motion zones, the recording and notifications returns...damned if I do, damned if I don’t.  Also, I deleted the offending camera from the system as well as one other and then set them both up again as new cameras just to see if it could somehow be a fault within the camera...no dice!  The other camera now suffers from the same issue and the original camera is fine...and for clarification, the issue has nothing to do with camera location since it still happens regardless of where I place the camera.

Message 6 of 7
Arlo Moderator

Hi @byss,

Have you tried rebooting your Base Station and see if that helps? If that doesn't work, what I can do is help create a case for you so our support team can try assisting you further with this. 

Message 7 of 7