Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Does Not Record Or Alert

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
alicesun99
Tutor
Tutor

Dear Arlo users,

Online chat with Arlo was not friendly and very disappointed. I want to ask here hoping to get some tips for the trouble shooting next.

1. Arlo Pro wireless, newly purchased and installed yesterday.    Camera did send alert and recorded vidoes right after the installation.   I did try changing the mode  of "armed", and active and deactive individual camera.    Then all the  camera are actived, and mode set to "Armed", motition detect sensitvity sets to "100".

2. From last night , this morning,  walked in front all cameras, and nothing recorded, or sent alert to my phone/emails.

3. I did following troubleshooting:

a.  checked base station, power, LED all three green.

b. checked camera live view, all working fine.

c. did motion detect test, all camera  LED blink "yellow" -- working fine.

d. motion sensitity set to high (100).

e. email in the account is correct

f. I unplug and restart base station.

Nothing changed.

The agent at online chat asks me to reset camera connections to the base station, which means I need to climb up the ladder to get camera.  I will to try that once my husband is back from work.

Any suggestion I can try before resync or take out battery for the cameras?

Thank you all  in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you've done the work already. The removal of the cameras in Settings, My Devices and then resyncing should fix the issue completely. To save some time and effort, try resyncing the cameras while in place - I do this all the time but the cameras have to have agood signal for this to work.  One of you can briefly press (don't hold) the base sync button and yell to the other to press the camera sync button. Verify that you get the rapid blue blinking on the camera before doing the other camera. If it fails, then pull them down and take them close to the base.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you've done the work already. The removal of the cameras in Settings, My Devices and then resyncing should fix the issue completely. To save some time and effort, try resyncing the cameras while in place - I do this all the time but the cameras have to have agood signal for this to work.  One of you can briefly press (don't hold) the base sync button and yell to the other to press the camera sync button. Verify that you get the rapid blue blinking on the camera before doing the other camera. If it fails, then pull them down and take them close to the base.

alicesun99
Tutor
Tutor

I took down one camera and tested it.  I think most likely is the distance.

I am able to detect the motion if motion  is not too faraway. 

But  I still could not figure out the front camera, which is mounted maybe 10 ft hight. No matter how close I walk  or jump in front, it did not capture

alicesun99
Tutor
Tutor

sounds a very useful tip to sync both the base station and camera in their places. I will definitely try that.

Thansk you, Jguerdat!

alicesun99
Tutor
Tutor
I posted a pic of camera at the front entrance.
Is there a position problem? It is a bit high,— about 11 ft from the ground.
Is it the reason not detecting the motion?
It recorded yesterday though
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't see any picture. 

11 feet may be a bit of an issue. Detection is out to about 25 feet from the camera but the exact scene and how far away the people would be an issue. You did change the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules, right?

alicesun99
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, motion sensitivity set to 100, maximum.

I also tried camera video setting with zoom in feature.  Still not recording.

Will try your resync suggestion once my husband is back home

alicesun99
Tutor
Tutor

see if I can upload the picture

alicesun99
Tutor
Tutor

front door.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Zooming has no effect since it only affects the lens and sensor for the video, not the PIR motion detector.

I do see the image you attached to your post now. It's looking virtually straight down which I've never tested but I'd think that motion from the side should be fine. I'm not so sure about from the top which may be construed as straight at the cmaera by the sensor. Someone else may have an idea.  How is the motion to be detected normally entering the view - from the top or the side?

Issuesallday
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

@jguerdat,

I've been having the exact same issue! I'll walk in front of my camera and it work notify or record it in my library its extremely frustrating because the camera is useless at this point, have you fixed your issue? If so can you tell me what you did so I can try it on my system please.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Issuesallday

Have you tried to reboot the base station or remove & re-sync the camera with the issue?