Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Benie
Guide
Guide

Hello:

I purchased 8 pcs Arlo Pro and one of them was a DOA with dean Pixels. It had been a nightmare to deal with Negear Tech Support and I am about publish a book about the deatils. Yes, I am talking about a "BOOK" and that much details request by tech support to solve a simple DOA case.

Am I the only one having this kind of experiences?

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You do know that you can generally simply swap at the store, right? "You only have so much emotional ammunition. Use it wisely."

Benie
Guide
Guide

Emotional ammunition is not an issue here. A supoerguru shoulf have known that.

Your contributions to the community were to help and to reveal the facts.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Benie wrote:

No .... there have been failures in cameras before

Question answered

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Benie
Guide
Guide

TomMac:

Yes, there always have been failures in cameras before and you did not answer the key question about experiences with support nightmare.

People , or superguru might not know how to anwer the key questions sometime.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The more I know, the more I realize how little I know. You would do well to remember that.

Benie
Guide
Guide

Posting hollow, shallow, and no real answer replies to become a Superguru seemed to be the trend.

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

Benie wrote:

Hello:

No. Use the SEARCH feature to find other threads. Bad support is not exclusive to Netgear either.

ckdxxx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, but who's Dean Pixels?

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

ckdxxx wrote:
Yeah, but who's Dean Pixels?

Dead

ckdxxx
Apprentice
Apprentice

jcwrks wrote:

Dead

Oh, I'm sorry to hear of Dean's passing. My condolences.

Benie
Guide
Guide

Freedom of Posting was taken away from this community.

Someone on the board changed the title of the origianl message to make Netgear Tech Support look better.

It took me 15 days to work with Tech Support and got a run around with numerous uploads of files. Netgear ought to do something to improve the service, or just hire more Tech Support to play ping pong all day.

ckdxxx
Apprentice
Apprentice

I actually have been on the receiving end of what I would consider heavy-handed moderation here as well, but in this case, I really do feel that the edits were made for the sake of clarity and are reasonable. 

I will, however, second your notion that Netgear's tech support is pretty useless.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Benie,

As mentioned, the subject line edits to your post were made to better describe the issue you were having and to help other users who may be having the same or a similar issue. I understand your frustration and assure you this wasn't intended to change the tone of the post.

From the most recent notes in your case I can see that an RMA has been approved and hope this will resolve the issue.

I apologize for the frustration with support. We appreciate the feedback and I will forward your case information for review.

JamesC

Benie
Guide
Guide

James:

Apparently, you did NOT get it. You ought to leave the title the way it was on this message board. It did reflect the "Netgear Tech Support Nightmare" for a none technical issue to be resloved in 15 long days of comunication with numerous tech support as well as hours of uploading files, pictures, and repeat them again.