Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Cold Weather Severe Image Quality. Seems very foggy. See screenshot.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cstrac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone else have severe image quality problems in cold or poor weather.

We are getting things like the attached in anything other than perfect weather every night, I have been in dialogue with the Arlo support team for nearly 4 months now but they just seem to think it's a foggy night (which it's not) and that this is acceptable footage!

Any advice gratefully received thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's either foggy or there's moisture on the lens. Next time this happens, try a quick wipe of the lens to see if that helps. If so, a careful wipe of the lens with a drop of something like Rain-X to prevent moisture collection may help. 

cstrac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks.

They are in Arlo hoods and I've (careful) tried some Rain-X but no improvement so far. I haven't tried going out and cleaning them when the footage is bad, will try that next

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The hoods don't do much in my estimation - YMMV. WHere are you/what is the weather you're experiencing? I get the rare fogging of the lens during specific moisture/rain periods on unprotected cameras (ones under the eaves as well as those not facing the weather seem immune) and also rare snow blowing onto the lens. Most of the time there's little issue with the lenses being covered by anything but that could be just dumb luck.

cstrac
Aspirant
Aspirant