Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro video Lines, Have Gigabit connection. All units are plugged in and have power.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloPros
Follower
Follower

Why the hell do my "security" cameras have lines in the frame?! Before anyone suggests wifi, we have a gigabit connection and Google wifi, 850mbps anywhere on our property after attenuation. All units are plugged in and have power. Everything is on latest firmware.

Example: https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/C7D5890C97968DE4_202102

P.s. apparently we can't put labels on these posts:
"The following labels are not available here: Crap product, poor customer service, fix your firmware, send us new cameras, not a security camera, increase default timeouts"

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You do realize that Arlo uses its own dedicated WiFi for communication between the base and cameras, right? It only needs Internet access to upload to the servers and other system manipulation. The video corruption is likely due to signal strength/quality to the cameras. Changes in the home wireless environment, even those you just know can't be it, can be the cause. A good thing to try first, especially if it happens to all cameras, is to move the base away from the router. I did that a while ago after years of having my bases and hubs next to my router. After the repositioning, my issues went away.