Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Charging Station

Discussion stats
armsil1234
Apprentice
Apprentice
What's going on with availability on the pro charging station? Anybody have luck buying it?

Seems like it can only be pre-ordered right now at a few places (amazon, frys, insight), but they keep pushing out the expected available date. What's the hold up? I don't think netgear should allow a pre order on something they don't know when they will provide. Is there an engineering or manufacturing problem with it?
113 REPLIES 113
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Looks like Lowe's is finally straightening out their website for the charging station.  Their website now has a June 9th delivery date.  Probably just vaporware.  Home Depot website states delivery early May.

ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
Late last week Nebraska Furniture Mart had an available date of 4/20.

Now it's 4/28.

I don't think anyone knows when the charging station will be in stock, ready for purchase.

-Bob
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

ryanr256 wrote:
Late last week Nebraska Furniture Mart had an available date of 4/20.

Now it's 4/28.

I don't think anyone knows when the charging station will be in stock, ready for purchase.

-Bob

Looks like Best Buy (Canada and surely US as well) have them in stock today for immediate delivery.

Paul

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

They must be shipped out by manufacturer only a few at a time.

I ordered one from Best Buy Canada, apparently only 12 were in stock online, it just arrived today. Checked the site again today and they're all sold out already!

Obviuosly Netgear is having supply problems with its manufacturer, something is holding up production and shipping.

Paul

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm not sure what everyone expects.

Those Vietnamese kids can only work so hard.Smiley LOL

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Exactly! 

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I have a friend who is in the Arlo Dealer program.  I had him check, the distributor is indicating that they are getting another supply from netgear around 5/1.  However, he did also indicate that 300 units are currently backordered so I'm not sure how many of those will end up in stores.  

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have tried searching for this thread using various search terms but I am to reach it except via email link.  Also as if Netgear prefers the thread go away. Anyway, have any of you been able to recently purchase a charging station or found out any recent information.

NETthisGEAR
Apprentice
Apprentice

oillogger wrote:

I have tried searching for this thread using various search terms but I am to reach it except via email link.  Also as if Netgear prefers the thread go away. Anyway, have any of you been able to recently purchase a charging station or found out any recent information.

From the looks of it, it will be available on Amazon May 9th and you can order it on Amazon right now.  It sounds like people have been having all types of luck: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Where-can-we-get-the-charging-station-for-arlo-pro-cameras...

Just make sure that you click the right one - I made this picture just so no one gets confused:

Capture.JPG

I hope that helps!

ryanr256
Apprentice
Apprentice
FYI, Amazon is showing the charging station in stock as of this morning, May 9.

-Bob
weebs
Guide
Guide

SMARTHOME.COM has them, I have a tracking number for mine!  14 left as of yesterday!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro Charging station is showing in stock on Amazon and other users have indicated availability through other retailers as well.

See here: Arlo Pro Charging Station – Designed for Arlo Pro Wire-Free Cameras (VMA4400C)

JamesC

Lindanv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ordered the charging station on Amazon 3 months ago. It was out of stock but I still kept the order.  I just received the item last week. You need to be diligent 

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo Pro charging station will arrive from Amazon tomorrow for $53.99 + tax.  Best Buy as of today has them in stock.  I also have two Arlo Pro batteries the "collectable" chargers headed this due for arrival May 16th.

Man Very Happy