Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Charging Station

Discussion stats
armsil1234
Apprentice
Apprentice
What's going on with availability on the pro charging station? Anybody have luck buying it?

Seems like it can only be pre-ordered right now at a few places (amazon, frys, insight), but they keep pushing out the expected available date. What's the hold up? I don't think netgear should allow a pre order on something they don't know when they will provide. Is there an engineering or manufacturing problem with it?
113 REPLIES 113
tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

For what it's worth below is the most recent update I received from Netgear before they force closed my support ticket because I refused to let it close until I received the charging stations I ordered.

Unless Netgear own's up to its massive blunder with the Arlo Pro roll out and takes the necessary action to get these devices to their customers, when it comes time to upgrade any of my Netgear equipment, I will be looking elsewhere. As for my 8 Arlo Pro and my 6 Arlo Q cameras, if I don't have my chargers by the end of March, I will be canceling my Elite + CVR subscription and I will go back to my old system. At least with my old setup I could record to my local NAS while it backed up to my offsite server.

In a different thread I read a customers inquiry about being able to record or back up to a NAS drive, Netgear’s response was that as of now that feature isn’t currently supported, blah, blah, blah. To anyone hoping to use a NAS device with Arlo, don’t hold your breath because it’s never going to happen. If Arlo supported recording or backing up to a NAS device, customers such as myself would cancel our subscriptions and that would cost Netgear a substantial source of revenue.

Just for the record, I was going to purchase the newest Nighthawk X10 route as well as the Orbi Home WiFi System but for the time being, I'll stick to my current Nighthawk X8 router and my Nighthawk X4 AC2200 range extender they work just fine. If anything, I’ll put my previous system backup and I’ll sell my Arlo Pro and Arlo Q cameras on eBay. If it comes to that Netgear has lost my business for good even if it means that I have to run network cable to every room in my house.

It’s a damn plastic rectangle that uses basically the same charging system that the Arlo Pro camera uses, so it’s not like You’re trying to reinvent the wheel

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Received your latest post  in my email regarding the charging station.

I think it's obvious that you got someone's attention from Netgear since they deleted the post.

It's unfortunate that you cannot get a straight question answered by anyone regarding the chargers.

For what it's worth, I agree 100% with you.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I clicked on your link and I'm not quite sure what the purpose of it is.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic and requested an update on this products availability. I will post back with more information soon.

JamesC

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

While your "escalating" this topic, could you also ask about the solar panels too? Is a March release date still happening?

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

As an Arlo Pro owner I would love to be on an email notification list for when the Arlo Pro charging station is available at Best Buy for orderingor at least when Netgear is shipping Best Buy some.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I think your confused. The Arlo Charging Stations are available at Best Buy right now (and on sale). It's the Solar Panel everyones waiting on.

oillogger wrote:

As an Arlo Pro owner I would love to be on an email notification list for when the Arlo Pro charging station is available at Best Buy for orderingor at least when Netgear is shipping Best Buy some.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nope, not at all confused.  Just checked again and Best Buy is still sold out of the Arlo Pro charging stations.  They had them recently for a very brief time.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Best Buy is still sold out of the Arlo Pro charging stations.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Intresting, I was at our BB on Monday and they have them instock and on sale for $53.99. Funny a store would have them instock but not available online.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Best Buy usually will only pull stock regionally from their retail stores for other nearby stores.  Your local store may not have done a very good job of promoting the Arlo Pro to have some Arlo Pro charging stations still left on the shelf.  Netgear has invested into Arlo advertising space at the Best Buy stores so there are decent displays present.

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

If your Best Buy store has stock go buy 2 of them and I'll purchase both from you for double $53.99 price and I'll also cover the shipping. Other than cash, you can even pick how you wish to be paid. I can do Pay Pal, eBay, bank draft, certified check or personal check. I wouldn't expect you to ship them until my payment has cleared however, before I pay you for them, I would want a screen shot of the both units as well as a screenshot showing proof of purchase minus any credit card or other personal information that may appear on the receipt.

Given the demand for these chargers and the lack of availability coupled with Netgears continual lies about the availability date, If I could pick these up at any of 3 Best Buy locations in my area, I would purchase as many as I could get my hands on and then I would sell them on eBay for $100.00 each. I have no doubt at all, that I could sell enough of them without much effort to bank a nice profit.

If you don’t want to do that post the phone number and address of the Best Buy store you’re referring to and I’ll take care of making the purchase arrangements. Even if their currently out of stock, I’d be interested in finding out how they got their hands on these and if they were expecting anymore to come in.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

If the store was close enough I'd go out and buy you one. For me, it's a lttle drive so not worth it. Next time I'm close by I'll take another look for them though.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

tomncincy.................

Some might consider this an emergency situation and call that price gouging and turn you in to the attorney general! (LOL)

Others like myself would agree with you. Supply and demand. Buy all of them and make a big profit.

Considering that these chargers are overpriced in the first place and every Arlo owner is being held hostage until they are easily available, I would jump on the bandwagon too and buy them all up and make some money.

Sounds like a weekend shopping trip to me.

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any chance you could give me the store info, phone number and or address? If so, I'll call them and arrange a way to get it if they have any in stock.

tomncincy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have several extra Arlo Pro cameras and more than enough extra batteries to wait this out but what does concern me is that many retailers have made some rather drastic price cuts or have stopped carrying Arlo Pro systems and Arlo Pro accessories all together. From where I sit, this would appear to indicates that new sales have fallen off sharply probably impart due to the negative reviews being posted by disgruntled customers such as myself that are fed up with Netgears deplorable support and their unwillingness or inability to supply consumers with the necessary hardware such as the Arlo Pro chargers. To compound this issue, Netgear has been less than forthcoming with their customers after repeatedly missing estimated availability dates with regard to these charging stations. At this point Netgear has lost all creditability James included, since you seem to represent Netgear regarding this matter. At this juncture, unless Netgear admits they screwed their customers intentionally or otherwise and issues a public apology I will never purchase or recommend Netgear products again. In addition to that, I would expect this issue be expedited to the highest levels of Netgear management and that those of us who ordered the charging stations when we ordered our Arlo Pro systems receive a substantial discount or other form of compensation.

What concerns me most about the faltering sales of the Arlo Pro and Arlo Q for that matter is that they both require subscriptions to Netgear’s cloud storage service to be truly effective. If Netgear can’t generate enough revenue to support these subscriptions services then what? I pay quite a bit for “Elite + CVR subscriptions” and without those services my system is pretty much useless. Do you honestly think Netgear will bother releasing a software update that will allow local recording to a NAS or similar device that can then be automatically uploaded to a cloud service in real time? Don’t count on it and that’s where the litigation will start. Corporate greed is what spawns these all-inclusive platforms the only problem is that when any one component fails or it becomes unprofitable it’s the customers that suffer and that’s the line in the sand I’m drawing with Netgear. Mark my words if that happens and Netgear fails to act responsibility towards their customers… enough said.

As has happened with several of my past comments on this matter, I suspect that my comments will be deleted simply because Netgear can’t handle the ugly truth of their epic screw up. That’s fine I’ll just continue to repost it until I’m banned. If or should I say when that happens this will all end up on every social media site I can post it on. Besides that, even if it is deleted or I’m ultimately banned for speaking out against Netgear on this matter, everyone that is subscribed to this topic will still see it anyway.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here at NETGEAR, we pride ourselves on delivering quality products that meet our high standards and requirements for performance and safety. Additional time was spent testing to ensure this product meets consumer expectations.

We sincerely apologize that this has taken longer than expected and are doing all that we can to expedite the shipping process to our retail channels. As soon as we can confirm availability, I will post an update.

JamesC

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC, thanks for the reply and update.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

As of today Amazon will have the Arlo Pro charging stations in stock on April 9th.  I suggest placing your order immediately before all of the incoming shipment is committed to other purchasers.  

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Pro-Rechargeable-Battery-Wire-Free/dp/B01LYCMLY5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Drake3287, Arlo Pro charging stations are still not available to order online at Best Buy.  If you have one please let us know how is working for you.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

oillogger wrote:

As of today Amazon will have the Arlo Pro charging stations in stock on April 9th.  I suggest placing your order immediately before all of the incoming shipment is committed to other purchasers.  

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Pro-Rechargeable-Battery-Wire-Free/dp/B01LYCMLY5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

That link is showing the battery and not the charging station available on the 9th

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oops, I had typed in the correct search terms of "Arlo Pro charging station" and that is where it landed.  The excitement of seeing the availability notice on the page was blinding me from the rest of the screen.  Sorry about the misinformation guys!!!

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

It does appear Lowe's has the Arlo Pro charging station in some locations.

Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Interesting about Lowes, I never thought about them. I just did a quick look online and Lowes has them with next day shipping and it also shows my local store having them for in-store pickup. To bad I'm not in the market for one, just waiting for the solar panels.