Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Can Someone Help With A Step Direction To Schedule Each Camera

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a step by step guide to program 4 different camera on different schedules.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got it set up but not without a lot of effort. The 4th Arlo agent finally got it right. It should not be this hard. I have used other software and never have I had such a hard time getting things working correctly. I am surprised this has not come up in reviews unless people don't use the scheduling feature extensively. 

The agents at Arlo were not that great either, it took 4 agent to get my cameras progrsammed correctly. The first agent was a total waste.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you first need to split up the cameras into group or singles as needed

Search for custom modes in the FAQs

then you need to schedule the modes as needed

Search the FAQs for Schedule

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already did that step bur nothing recorded last night when the schedule said it should record. I went to support aand was told to power cycle cameras which I have done so tonight we will see if this fixes the issue. I would still like a step by step guide for programming 4 cameras. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the FAQs here have so much detail, it's not reasonable for us to repost what's already there.

jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is disapppointing as I have looked through 25 scheduling pages and still don't see an answer to my question. Most forums I use are kind enough to answer the questions even if it has been asked before or give the questioner a link to the answer. I think Arlo should give better directions in regard to modes and scheduling or a good youtube video, All the youtube videos I see are not detailed enough in regard to scheduling multiple cameras for different schedules. 

jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess that is why you are superuser. Thanks, I will try it.

jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried the directions in how to configure and use the schedule option and it does not work that way. I launched the Arlo App, Clicked mode, Clicked the mode which I added for the front door camera and no pencil icon appeared. could Arlo have changed the procedure or is this procedure just not correct.

jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can get to a schedule page and fill it in for each camera and click save for each camera but only the last camera scheduled will activate on the schedule. If I schedule a camera to run 24/7 the schedule page covers up the other schedules. I am getting to the point where I might return the entire set if I can not figure this out.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First you have to set up modes with rules for the cameras you want to be armed at some point. Any camera with out a rule is disarmed. You don't create a mode for one camera and another mode for another camera - group the cameras together within a mode. Once you have set up your modes (might be several modes with differing cameras in them and/or different settings for specific cameras), go the the schedule. Add a mode with the various cameras desired for a certain timeframe. Add a different mode for a different timeframe until the schedule is complete to your needs. To schedule overnight, the start time would be, say, 10PM to 12AM. Then add the same mode from 12AM to, say, 7AM. You can't schedule over midnight since that would span days.

jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guru, I know you are trying to help but I don't understand the directions. I will call Arlo tomorrow and if they can not walk me through the setup I am returning the entire system. I get everything except the mode and scheduling feature. It seems to me it is not simple enough. I think it would help me to see an actual mode being setup then scheduling. I wish they would just let you select a device then go through all the option with each device one on which is scheduling. Seems to me like a poor way to set up a system but most people seem to get it but I see from all the questions a lot of people don't use the scheduling feature which could be made simplier. Perhaps there is something so simple I am missing the point. I did call Arlo 2 days ago and the person was a disaster. everytime I asked a question he would put me on hold for 2-3 minutes then come back with some answer. This happened maybe 5-6 times. He was not of American decent which is not an issue but the communication was poor. I have had tech support from different companies and this was the poorest I have ever had.

jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an update on my issue. I contacted Arlo support today and the agent spent about 1/2 hr. with me trying to schedule my cameras. The software did not respond the way it was supposed to. I initally worked with her on my computer then we switched to my Ipad then back to my computer. It was anything but easy and we don't know why this took so long. The agent thinks my cameras are correctly programmed now but we will know for sure tonight as I check the schedule to see if the cameras turn on and off as they are supposed to. There was no way to follow what the agent was doing because we had to go back and forth between screens multiple times so if it is now right I hope I never need to change the schedule. I still believe they need to develop a more user friendly software. It would be much simpler if you could just pick a camera and pick options for how you want that camera to perform.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a browser to check/set the schedule. The apps can show the wrong thing so you try to fix itand just make it worse. It's an app problem.

jerryclaybrook
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got it set up but not without a lot of effort. The 4th Arlo agent finally got it right. It should not be this hard. I have used other software and never have I had such a hard time getting things working correctly. I am surprised this has not come up in reviews unless people don't use the scheduling feature extensively. 

The agents at Arlo were not that great either, it took 4 agent to get my cameras progrsammed correctly. The first agent was a total waste.